ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/02/10 03:05 PM Views: 1256 Replies: 2
Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Someone posted an Announcement on our website and it came up on the Home Page. I was able to copy and past it to the page where we wanted it to be but when I go in to Edit the Home Page and delete the wording of that announcement it does not show up in the edit box although it does show up on the Home Page itself. Is there a way I can delete that information? Thanks.
Bob

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM - Response #1

1) Click your "Post Announcement" link on the left.
2) Delete or deactivate unwanted annoncement.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM - Response #2

Welcome Robert!

I really like the announcements feature. You can create short announcements and set the dates they start and end and the order in which they appear. You can select some announcements to be seen only by those who are not yet registered and others that are shown only to those who are registered.

You can set it so anyone can post an announcement, or only those with Admin status can have control over what gets posted.

Click on Post Announcement and look for the box next to this text: "Allow Classmates to submit Announcements (all Classmate-submitted Announcements are added in an inactive state and must be activated by an Administrator)."

If you unclick that box, only Admins can create announcements; If it is clicked, classmates can create announcements, but you as Admin must approve them before they appear.

I use them extensively on my home page. It allows me to set up 'new content' that automatically appears every few days.

Click on the VIEW SITE button at left to see how I use them.

Edited 03/02/10 10:47 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.