ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Back to Top of Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/10/08 05:24 AM Views: 1366 Replies: 7
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 5:24 AM

Can anyone talk me through how I put a link at the bottom of a long page that takes you back to the top when clicked on? I just want to prevent people having to scroll endlessly.
Thanks,
Mark

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 8:01 AM - Response #1

Quote:

Can anyone talk me through how I put a link at the bottom of a long page that takes you back to the top when clicked on?

You need this at top of page:

And this at bottom of page:
Click here to go to top.

The # is key. Don't miss it.

Click on source upper left. Enter the code above at the proper spots. Save the page. There is also a way to do it using insert/edit anchor and insert/edit link. Use above if you are comfortable working with html.

Edited 12/10/08 11:07 AM
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 10:23 AM - Response #2

I have a question about this..

Do we type in exactly as you have worded it here, or where it say 'name', we enter the name of our site ?

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 10:59 AM - Response #3

Quote:

Do we type in exactly as you have worded it here, or where it say 'name', we enter the name of our site ?

Good question - exactly like I entered it - name is HTML code. There is variable text as in "Click here to go to top" but leave that alone until it is working and then you can modify it later if you want.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 1:35 PM - Response #4

I went thru a few trial and errors before I reached your instructions.

Just wanted to let you know that yours was the easiest to follow and stayed with the subject.

Thanks!!

(p.s. Msg to Charles Webb)

Edited 02/17/09 1:36 PM
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 2:44 PM - Response #5

Okay Brad..A question here. I followed Charles' instructions and it works perfectly..I used IE 7.0. HOWEVER, now my editor in Firefox 3.0.6 is not working. I can see the top row of tools but the box is not 'squared' in and it's empty. (IN IE the editor looks just like it should and works).

Why did these instructions affect my editor using FF?

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 2:49 PM - Response #6

There is no way that can affect your editor. Thus, something else is affecting your editor. I have no clue what, but before you do anything else, try rebooting your computer. Sometimes Windows computers can just get "screwy." That's my tech explanation. Smile

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 7:25 PM - Response #7

I need to start using "Could this?"; then give the information as to the order of events. I'll learn.

Glad to hear it isn't/wasn't related because it was really easy to do that way (ie anchor) I was wearing my finger out scrolling! LOL

I had some other programs to run that required rebooting and editor is now visible again, so I'll remember that just closing the browser and cleaning isn't always the answer. Reboot!

Thanks Brad, nomaplesyrup here, or I'd send y'all some!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.