ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery for classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/04/09 12:01 PM Views: 3621 Replies: 16
Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I'd like for classmates to be able to upload photos from the reunion to a central location on the website. Is this possible?

Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 12:14 PM - Response #1

I created a Reunion Photos forum in our threaded forums and it's working great. Accessible to all classmates who log in and easy to do.

Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 12:28 PM - Response #2

Implementing a threaded forum for reunion photo sharing and discussion is an excellent option. We also have a new Community Photo Gallery feature coming up, now in development. Most likely it will launch sometime late this month or early November.

Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM - Response #3

Any chance of being able to beta test it?

Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 12:45 PM - Response #4

Yes, when it's near launch I'm sure we'll ask for a handful of beta testers like we usually do before releasing major new featues system wide.

Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 12:48 PM - Response #5

I'm in just let me know when.

Monday, October 5, 2009 at 12:10 PM - Response #6

Brad Switzer wrote:

Yes, when it's near launch I'm sure we'll ask for a handful of beta testers like we usually do before releasing major new featues system wide.

I too would like to have classmates upload their own photos. This is GREAT news! I'd love to be a beta tester as well.

Monday, October 5, 2009 at 1:25 PM - Response #7

Looking forward to the Community Photo Gallery. Would like to beta test, if you need me to. Good job, CC!

Morris

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 10:21 AM - Response #8

Brad ...

We had our 40th Reunion last weekend (3-Days, Oct 9-11, 2009). Thanks to y'all it was a complete success (more later)!!!

We have a couple photos on our Home Page, BUT we have 750+ professional photos and 200+ photos from the '69 classmates that everyone is bugging me to see!

YOU know where I'm going ...

HOW SOON CAN YOU SIGN US UP AS A PHOTO GALLERY BETA TESTER!!!

Kudos in advance ...

CAV

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 12:24 PM - Response #9

VERY VERY SOON! Smile

Mike Johnston is actually working on that right now. The beta should be ready in 3 weeks roughly presuming I can manage not to sidetrack Mike during that time. Smile

Edited 10/16/09 12:25 PM
Saturday, October 17, 2009 at 1:47 PM - Response #10

Hi,

I don't know how many Beta Testers you typically use, but I'd like to be considered also.

Thanks! N

Monday, October 19, 2009 at 6:00 PM - Response #11

We had our class reunion this weekend October 16, and 17. I would love to be a beta tester. thankyou

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 9:44 PM - Response #12

Please add me as a beta tester as well. We had our reunion on the weekend of October 17 and we have lots of pictures

Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 9:18 PM - Response #13

Does using the threaded forums for a photo sharing eat up file vault capacity and how concerned should an administrator be about that. What happens when capacity is reached or is close to being reached? Thanks,

Ben

Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 10:02 PM - Response #14

Yes, files and photos stored in the threaded forums is counted toward File Vault capacity. It's rare over all for sites to use up all 200 megs of their File Vault capacity, but it is starting to happen more frequently than it used to as we've added new features. Should you run out of room you have two options:

1) Add more file storage, which is now possible through the system for $3 per month per 50 additional megabytes of storage.

2) Host additional files anywhere. Lots of Administrators use external hosts to house files. For instance numerous sites here have hundreds of photos stored at Photobucket.com and Slide.com, which are then embedded in the site.

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 7:00 AM - Response #15

Hi there-
I'm just getting going with my Class website and was looking for options for a photo gallery for classmates to upload pictures to themselves.

Is the Community Photo Gallery still coming as planned - for early Nov.?
Thanks so much!
Cary

Monday, November 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM - Response #16

Photo Galleries will launch this month, yes. I can't promise early, but it will definitely be this month.

Edited 11/02/09 9:15 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.