ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Processing Refunds

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/08/12 10:41 PM Views: 2293 Replies: 14
Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hi! Can anyone tell me how to process refunds to classmates?

Monday, July 9, 2012 at 8:14 AM - Response #1

To process a refund and if the classmate paid by Credit Card through ClassCreator's system, go to Reunion Planner, Attendees, click on the classmate's name, then click the EDIT ORDER button, then the ISSUE REFUND button.

You can only issue a refund if you still have funds in your ClassCreator account. If you have already sent the money to your local bank account, you can send a check to ClassCreator and a note to put the money into your reunion account so that you can issue a refund. Then after they deposit the money, you will be able to issue a refund.

Refunds issued through the system (instead of writing a personal check to the classmate) will include all of the fees that were taken out of the credit card transaction.

Monday, June 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM - Response #2

Hi Kyle! I need to give a refund to everyone (some of which I have already transferred funds into my personal account). I read what you wrote about having to write a check to ClassCreator, which will then be deposited back into the ClassCreator account. My question is, should I do that first BEFORE I issue a refund to those that still have the funds on ClassCreator? OR Can I refund those that I still have the money in the CLassCreator sight now and then send in the check for the other??

Also, when I send a check and it gets deposited, how will it know to also include the fees that were charged when I give the refunds?

Monday, June 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM - Response #3

Yes. You should send us the funds back first and we will add them back to your account on our end once they have cleared. Then you can process the refund.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM - Response #4

Hi Scott! I sent check back, it was received and I'd like to give the refunds back to my classmates, however, my funds say:

Available For Withdrawal*: -$2,132.34

Why is it a negative balance? 23 classmates purchased at $60 a ticket, so I should have $1,380.00 to be able to refund.

Please advise. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 12:56 PM - Response #5

Stephanie - Let me check into the status of the check.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 3:53 PM - Response #6

Hi Stephanie,

We received the check late yesterday and added a manual adjustment to the account. The bank says it will take up to 5 days for the out of state check to clear. When the funds have cleared all refunds can be processed. There are no funds available for withdrawal because we have to make manual entries to add in the check and add the fees back into the available funds as all fees are reversible when processing refunds. You will be able to process full refunds for all and will end up with no fees.

Jessica

Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM - Response #7

Thank you! Any way to notify me once the funds are back in the system for reimbursements? Thanks again!

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 3:03 PM - Response #8

Hi Stephanie,

The funds are available and the refunds have been issued for all classmates who paid for the reunion. I left the original orders in place so you can click any name and see their original order and the amount that was refunded for each one.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 9:24 AM - Response #9

When issuing refunds, should I refund the total money, or should I factor in the Class Creator processing fee?

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 12:49 PM - Response #10

If using the ClassCreator processing system, refund the whole amount. The fees are taken from the ClassCreator fee account and the amount paid to your school is refunded, too, so the classmate gets everything back that they paid, including the fees.

Friday, May 20, 2016 at 4:32 PM - Response #11

I see no "edit order" button. There is a blank box with the word refund above it. Would I place the refund amount into the box and then it is credited back?

Edited 05/20/16 4:36 PM
Monday, May 23, 2016 at 3:54 PM - Response #12

Event Planner > Edit > Transactions > Edit next to the order > Delete for each item you wish to refund. When you delete the order, the refund is automatically processed.

Friday, September 23, 2016 at 9:53 AM - Response #13

I just issued a credit refund to a classmate. She is still listed as an attendee in the event planner reports. How do I delete her?

Thank you!

Friday, September 23, 2016 at 4:33 PM - Response #14

I removed her. It looks like there were multiple transactions for her. They are all under deleted transactions now.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.