ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Extra box in the survey section

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/05/14 12:55 PM Views: 738 Replies: 5
Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I am co-admin for the Reagan Class of 68 in Austin and I just created a survey to RSVP for a Girls Lunch and for some reason, there is an extra box under the #1 question. How do I get rid of this?

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:19 PM - Response #1

What is the name of the particular Survey you are working on?

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:55 PM - Response #2

RSVP for Girls Lunch

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:22 PM - Response #3

I didn't see one called "RSVP for Girls Lunch", but only one called "RSVP". Is this the one?

Your survey question is "Add your response here whether you plan to attend or not and if so, how many we can expect!" and you have a COMMENT BOX type of field. A "COMMENT BOX" means that someone can type an answer. Not sure what you want your survey to do, but it now allows anything to be typed in that "extra box under the #1 question".

If instead, you want only YES/NO answers, change the type to be "Yes or No" in the Type: drop-down box selector.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:22 PM - Response #4

Yes, that's the one. I revised the wording a bit but kept with the comment box. We don't really need the second comment box under question #1.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 8:47 AM - Response #5

Tina,

If you activate the survey, you will see that the 2nd comment box you are talking about doesn't show up as a comment box. It is meant for you to type a hint that will display to the classmate as they type their answer. So if you wanted the format to be "Yes, No, or Maybe" and then any additional notes, you could put in the HINTS box "Please respond with 'YES', 'NO', or 'MAYBE' followed by any additional notes you desire" and that text would appear below the comment box as they entered their response.

If you are seeing a "second comment box under question #1" when you are filling out your survey, please take a screen shot and attach it so I can see what you mean.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.