ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Viewing the Site When Not Registered

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/16/12 09:27 PM Views: 2503 Replies: 7
Monday, January 16, 2012 at 9:27 PM

It has been my understanding that until a classmate has registered, they can not view class pages. However, when I am logged out I can still view the "in memory" page, "missing classmates" page, "classmates page", "forum page", etc. I am able to see grads pictures and some personal information. I have set the settings for the tightest security provided. Why can these pages be viewed when logged out? Anyone else experiencing this ?

Monday, January 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM - Response #1

Karen,

Go to Edit Site Pages, Notice that the PASSWORD column has no checkmarks in it. To get the HIGHEST security, you should password protect some of these pages. HOWEVER it is not recommended to password protect the HOME PAGE or the Classmate Profiles pages. The Classmate Profiles page is necessary for classmates to join your website.

When you are logged out of your website, visit the Classmate Profiles page. If a classmate doesn't have a PADLOCK icon, that classmate can be viewed by everyone. To add the PADLOCK icon, you can go to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, then PROFILE for the classmate, then check the "Allow only fellow Classmates to view my Profile details." checkbox.

Monday, January 16, 2012 at 9:45 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle, I will do this. I appreciate your help...Karen

Monday, January 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM - Response #3

Might I suggest that the level of privacy of one's profile is something which only the individual should control? I explain to classmates what the various selections mean but as an admin I would never deign to go in and override a classmate's selections. For example I leave my profile information open to the public and if someone else were to change that I would not be pleased.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM - Response #4

I've found that most of our classmates prefer to lock their profiles tho most are not familiar enough with the system to do so. I locked all the profiles, should one want it public they can unlock it. Everything else is open. Just different thoughts.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 1:35 AM - Response #5

I would agree with Bill. I think that people our age many times have difficulty understanding how the system works. I sent an email to all of those who were unlocked and explained it to them. I indicated if they wanted to leave it that to let me know otherwise I would change it. I didn't hear from anybody so I changed them all. I think they are still that way but maybe I should check again Shocked

Jim

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 10:12 AM - Response #6

If you password protected these pages, would you then need to send the system password out to everyone that is signed on. Would you send the password through the website. Just wondering how that would work?

Patsy

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM - Response #7

Anyone who is logged on can view password protected pages. There is no need to send the password to those individuals. On the other hand if you want someone who isn't a member to see any of those pages you do have to send them the password.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.