ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Margins around Photo Groups

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/06/18 09:38 AM Views: 454 Replies: 9
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 9:38 AM
chicago fire.png

I've had to reformat photo groupings on all my pages but can't get their arrangements as I wish. Instead of having the pictures flush against one another, I get margins around all. See screenshot (Chicago Fire) attached.

Please help.

Thanks,
Carole Mackey

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 2:19 PM - Response #1

You can right click on the images and go to Image Properties and check to see if the margins ... Hspace and Vspace.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 3:24 PM - Response #2

Setting both to "0" makes no difference. The margins still exist.

Carole

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 3:25 PM - Response #3

These margins surround all grouped photos on all pages. They may be on single photos too; just can't tell when there is just one. A mystery.

Carole

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM - Response #4

What is the page name you are working on so I can inspect further.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 5:08 PM - Response #5

You can look at any of my pages where there are multiple photos that are grouped together. The one I screenshot was "Roseland: Before Our Time"/ The Chicago Fire in 1871. (It's a history of Roseland so it's arranged by year.) You will find several photos on the way to 1871 that have margins adorning them where they are not wanted.

Thanks, Scott!
Carole

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 10:23 PM - Response #6

That was fun to find. CC made another GLOBAL change that should not have been done since it removes your ability to set the padding.

The only way to "fix" this is to override CC CSS once again.

Add this code in source mode to the top of your page. The "padding" value sets the margin size seen. You might want "1" ?

And yes, you could modify EVERY SINGLE < td style=" and add "padding:0px;" ... Twisted Evil

You could put it in "Preferences" Google Analytics and it will fix all your pages automatically.

Edited 11/06/18 10:28 PM
Tuesday, November 6, 2018 at 11:14 PM - Response #7

Well, it worked, Jack -- though I'm hardly surprised. Now I'll have to go through all the pages again to correct this problem. It's getting old.

Thank you so much!

Carole

Edited 11/06/18 11:35 PM
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 2:08 PM - Response #8

Jack - thanks for the find. I will report that to the programmer.

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at 2:23 PM - Response #9

You're welcome. It was interesting and fun to mess around.

Love that the browsers let one interactively change the code to experiment and learn.

It's part of t_form class. I did not put that in the "fix" since leaving that out keeps it separate from future t_form mods.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.