ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

SURVEY: Emailing those that don't respond

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/24/20 11:05 PM Views: 1257 Replies: 40
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 11:05 PM

Due to the Coronavirus, we are holding an online membership vote to sustain our 2020-2021 board of directors. We normally have our Alumni Association Annual Picnic in June at our town park and have a brief meeting and vote.

Using a survey (this week) we asked alumni members to cast their ballots. It ends this Friday at midnight.

OPTIONS AVAILABLE: You can see the statistics, member's names and email the members who have answered the questions. (see our survey on our website home page)

THE ISSUE IS THAT THIS ONE OPTION IS SEEMINGLY NOT AVAILABLE: Maybe I am missing something and there is a way to contact just the group of members who have not responded.

We need to follow-up with all of the members that DID NOT participate but for some reason, there is no option to select to email the list of members who have not taken the survey (voted). There is an option to enter answers for members who can't answer, can't log in or who call us or email their answers. That doesn't help do what we really need to do and I bet this would help others easily follow-up on surveys without badgering those who already answered questions. Does that make sense?

With an All-Years website, this is especially helpful since we are dealing with a large number of members (1000's).

The only option is to email the entire list of members again including those who have already responded. This is clunky, limiting, and makes the follow-up process a pain.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Is CC working on adding more options like this to the survey?

Edited 06/24/20 11:07 PM
Monday, June 29, 2020 at 12:58 AM - Response #1

Bruce,

Did you look under the "Survey Maker" Page? On my page, I have a list of current and prior surveys. There is a graph symbol next to the current survey (and all surveys). When I click that, I'm seeing the option to email those who have and those who have not responded to the survey.

If you're looking on this page and not seeing those options, you might email CC.

Hope this helps.

Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 2:00 PM - Response #2

Gary Scott wrote:

Bruce,

Did you look under the "Survey Maker" Page? On my page, I have a list of current and prior surveys. There is a graph symbol next to the current survey (and all surveys). When I click that, I'm seeing the option to email those who have and those who have not responded to the survey.

If you're looking on this page and not seeing those options, you might email CC.

Hope this helps.

Gary, I'd like to see a screenshot of what and where you are seeing that shows you can email 'those who have not responded' to the survey. The only option I show is below each answered question there's a link that says: "Email All Members Who Answered This Question". If there's a link to allow me to email 'All Those Who Have Not Replied To This Survey', I'd like to find that link.

My concern and major point about this is the surveys are flawed without the option to email classmates who have not responded. A follow-up email once or twice to elicit a response is very important for a marketing effort of any kind, especially in our case as a non-profit alumni association. Follow-up is the key to success! I think that ClassCreator either forgot or is not aware of this important fact.

Note: on the very bottom of the survey answers page is a link that will open to the names of all those who did not answer the survey, but there is NO OPTION to email them, only to manually enter answers to the survey for them.

Edited 07/11/20 2:09 PM
Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 5:12 PM - Response #3
EmailNRMembers.jpg

When you click on the graph Gary mentioned, at the bottom of the responses is a link that says "Show/Hide Members who have not responded to this survey". And at the bottom of that list where you can 'Enter' for each of them is an "Email Nonresponding Members" button.

Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 9:40 PM - Response #4
Survey Maker Statistics Icon.png

I think John covered it, but here are the images.

Edited 07/11/20 9:41 PM
Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 9:42 PM - Response #5
Survey Maker Email Members 2.png

2nd

Edited 07/11/20 9:42 PM
Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 9:43 PM - Response #6
Survey Maker Email Members.png

3rd

Edited 07/11/20 9:46 PM
Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 10:57 PM - Response #7

Bruce, just remember, you can't send a link to the survey page. The link would leave the classmate in an endless loop between the "login page" and the page that says "you need to login to view this page", but you can't go past that page. I hope the new platform will allow this to be corrected. I've had many times where I would like to send a survey link ONLY to specific people, but the links almost always fail.

Bruce Eskander - SPHSAA Webmaster wrote:

My concern and major point about this is the surveys are flawed without the option to email classmates who have not responded. A follow-up email once or twice to elicit a response is very important for a marketing effort of any kind, especially in our case as a non-profit alumni association. Follow-up is the key to success! I think that ClassCreator either forgot or is not aware of this important fact.

I agree that work needs to be done on the surveys and contacting classmates. Perhaps this will be a good opportunity for ClassCreator to look at this again, after they get all the urgent matters resolved.

I can see how your suggestion would be beneficial, to be able to select IF you want to automatically resend the same message, or a different message (which we could create at that time or possibly later) to those who have not responded within X number of days (X would be a variable that we could set), and possibly a third message at a X number of days after that. For example, send the original email, wait 14 days to send the 2nd email, but only 5 days and send the third if there has been no response. Is this what you're thinking?

Presumably have the option to send the message at regular intervals, say every 30, 60, 90 days, etc.?

I can see how that could be quite helpful in many circumstances and especially for a non-profit.

Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 12:13 AM - Response #8

I just tested on an "ads" site and I was able to log in using an emailed link to the survey. Although I had to manually click login and then select the survey. So that'a a bug of sorts. It should have gone to the login and then the survey. Two-stages might not be possible, but the login is a bug.

Sunday, July 12, 2020 at 11:50 PM - Response #9

Jack, thanks for checking.

I got real excited thinking possibly it was fixed with the platform change, but no. I tried several times with Chrome, Pale Moon and Brave. All worked a few times, then all failed sporadically or repeatedly, even after clearing caches. Never could detect a pattern. Also tried and failed on an Android cell phone.

Just some background on WHY we might want to reach a survey by a link. We had a situation last year where we needed to survey only a limited segment of the class (for example, the Reunion Committee), but didn't want to make the survey public. We were able to hide an Active Survey behind an Inactive Page so that it didn't show up on the menu. In Theory, we Should have been able to reach the survey by an invitation Link. Just like tonight, sometimes it worked, sometimes it failed and got locked into a vicious cycle of log in, try to vote, then you're asked to log in again, but still can't vote because you have to log in again, etc. So many people were frustrated by the situation we were forced to scrap the survey.

We tried again 6 months later with the same results and again had to scrap the survey.

I have hopes that after all the platform change problems are resolved, that they will address the surveys.

Just like the point Bruce brought up, not everyone uses the surveys the same way. It would be nice to see a little updating that would broaden their abilities.

Thanks again for checking!

Monday, July 13, 2020 at 12:27 AM - Response #10

If a survey is inactive (hidden) then after one logs in you can't find the survey because it's not visible. (or if you have a hidden page with the link to survey - although a direct link to survey is all you need.)

So the "fix" is to tell people to login first and then click the link to the survey.

I repeated this about six times and it worked every time - goes to the Home page, not the survey. And then one has to click Login on the Home page. Are you saying the clicking the survey Log in on the survey doesn't do anything? Use "inspect" in the browser and see what it says. It should look like this code

The link on the survey is incorrect, it is the HOME page class_index.cfm, so that works. It should be member_login.cfm a relatively trivial simple fix for that part. However, if the survey is hidden, they can't find it and thus have to click your email link again.

Even with that fixed, they still can't see the link if hidden and have to go back to your emailed link.

Edited 07/13/20 12:41 AM
Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 1:28 PM - Response #11

Jack, I've set up a Test Survey as the second entry on my Edit Site Page. The first entry in not active (and is actually me trying JVautozoomgallery, but that's another story). Feel free to try both.

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Are you saying the clicking the survey Log in on the survey doesn't do anything? Use "inspect" in the browser and see what it says. It should look like this code

No, from what I can see, the process works as it should and I am seeing the correct codes on each page.

I can successfully, and repeatedly, reach the survey when I log in first.

But IF I'm NOT logged in first and use the survey link, then the problems start, and continue.

You were able to reach the survey page. Try logging OUT and go directly to the survey page, and follow what a typical classmate might do receiving the link without the instructions to log in first. Follow the log in routine, then see if you can reach the survey page and vote. Then, close all windows and try again, logging in FIRST and see if you can STILL reach the survey. This time, I couldn't. I was back in the never ending routine of "You must be logged in to vote," then clicking the Survey Page Log In, took me to the correct Main Page Log In, which took me to the Home Page. At that point, I'm logged in and the Home Page says so. But, trying to open a new survey page tab at that point, took me back to same "You must be logged in to vote," but never let me actually go to the survey page.

The interesting thing was that from that point on, I couldn't reach the survey again, even being logged in first and using different browsers. It was as if a failure flag had been set in the website that forced me into the never ending routine.

Once I'd hit the failure, even trying different browsers failed, this caused me to wonder if the website might be setting a flag that never got cleared? I don't see any other reason that the different browsers (Chrome and Brave) would suddenly fail as well?

The URL never seemed to change, it didn't end with surveynumber/failure or anything that would trigger a different response.

Very strange. I hope you'll see what I'm experiencing, or perhaps my computer is just having a senior moment. LOL

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 2:56 PM - Response #12

Works for me although your email has the wrong page

and it should be

If not logged in takes me to the home page and THEN I login and then I click the corrected link to the survey. Same as my test site. I've logged out and then click link, then click login on survey, takes me to home page, signin there, click survey link again, takes me to survey.

And once logged in, I can reach that survey over and over. I never entered any answer, so that's one difference. I can try that now.

same thing if I closed tab and had it open again.

However, I never tried to do the survey and that's when I realized what is going on - see next post.

My "test" site works because it never switches URL names. Cookies are stored by URL and that's why it does not work.

Edited 07/14/20 3:10 PM
Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 3:07 PM - Response #13

Oh wait, I see what is going on now. You can't use that link,it needs to be

http://www.sooner1970.com/member_survey_form.cfm?SurveyID=35518

It has to do with how cookies are handled at CC. Once you click the link I gave it will switch to the https one you had.

So the BUG is that CC cookie handling is the reason. I ran into that when I tried to make a site https by switching to the RAW name. It puts you into a loop logging in, IOW, you can't login using the domain name and then switching to the https name.

IF we get the secure option from CC, that's one of the things they have to "fix". If a site becomes https, then they need to stay with the SAME base URL and not switch back and forth.

Technically that ALL they had to do to make any of our sites secure - not use the DOMAIN name once you are logged in. Some might not like that, but I don't care Idea

Edited 07/14/20 3:15 PM
Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 4:53 AM - Response #14

OK, that makes sense. Let's hope they get the security figured out.

I hope they come up with a solution that will utilize our domain names. Part of the reason to have a domain name is for identity and name recognition. This is important to most people who have purchased a domain name and even more important for the non-school websites, it looks very unprofessional IMHO. That's why I kept bringing up Let's Encrypt. It's free and I and roughly 80,000 Realtors and Real Estate Appraisers have used them for years on our websites without problems and using our own domain names. It seems like it might be worth tweaking the software to work with a free program that utilizes our own domain names, than having to potentially pay for other security certificates on an annual basis, but time will tell.

In the mean time, I'd just be happy to be able to email a link to a survey that worked and worked reliably every time.

Thanks for looking into this, it had me baffled.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 at 11:01 PM - Response #15

You say the second time an email has a redirect, so one can't do it twice. That would also explain some of the effects I ran into where I could vote the first time, but after that, it ran into the loop. The thing is though, normally we can vote as many times as we like, but it only counts the last response. Odd that it would loop us.

I don't know if you have your website set to automatically notify the class of page updates or not, but we had a few additional people vote, some of whom were puzzled by the seeming lack of purpose and lack of instructions but they voted anyway. Apparently the link got sent out in the notification and that link (I think you corrected it by that time) did work. Nothing like some additional testing. LOL

Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 3:51 PM - Response #16

Well, I ran into another endless loop where you have to be logged in, you log in, then you can't see the page and it again tells you that you need to log in.

I was testing the escape key on JVautozoom. I have a test page that is not active. I previewed it and copied the URL, then pasted it in Brave and Opera. Both went into the endless loop. That happened even if I was already logged in to each one. I tried it not being logged in and it looped. Then logged in and tried again and it still looped, just like when trying to forward a link to a survey. If I'm remembering correctly, on the old platform, forwarding a non-survey link was always successful, but it seems this is no longer the case.

Now this link was a preview link, not an active link, so that might have been a factor. Just tested it with a non-survey link and I was able to view it, so the page not being active is the problem. Probably something related to the survey link not working.

I don't know if they monitor all forum posts, but perhaps something here might point them in the right direction, or perhaps they already know enough and it's just a matter of time until they get it fixed (hopefully). Just an FYI I found interesting.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 4:39 PM - Response #17

I don't have a message from your site using the "link" for an inactive page to see the link. However, You CAN send links to pages that are not active and not restricted. Do that ALL the time - from this forum. Plus that's how I test pages.

However, for restricted pages you need to make sure it is using your DOMAIN name, not the https CC name to avoid the login loop issue.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 6:49 PM - Response #18

There have been multiple login problems reported over the last year or so... They all started after some change was made back in late 2018. None of them appear to have been fixed.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 9:13 PM - Response #19

Gary refers to it being a "Preview Link". From that I'm inferring that he got it from the editor Preview window. I'm also inferring it is a restricted page otherwise one would not be required to login.

The "preview" is an https internal CC link name and will loop because the cookie is lost after one logs in and switches back. It is set only for the Domain not the CC raw https name. So this is different from the other issue.

Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 1:51 AM - Response #20

Yes, that's it exactly. I created a page, (I automatically restrict all my pages, didn't even think about it). Since it was not active, I clicked Preview, then copied the link. Sometimes I'll make it active and copy it, but I think for this last round of tests I used the preview link that I copied.

John, you're right,, 2018 was about the time I could no longer forward a link for surveys. That had worked previously, but stopped working reliably, sometimes they could take the survey, sometimes it wouldn't work. Probably due to the successful ones being logged in at the time as I infer from all Jack has mentioned.

It would really be nice to see it fixed for everyone, however if they would develop some way to send a survey to a limited group without having it visible to all classmates, but from what I'm gathering, if I don't restrict the pages, it should work. You may have seen some of the reasons I mentioned previously, but the one that comes to mind is to survey members of the Reunion Committee in private. We've had other times a private survey would have been beneficial as well, but yes, fixing the log in problems would be nice.

I'm going to be optimistic here and hope that this will be added to their to do list as they work through the problems the platform change created.

Perhaps the secure URL issue will help resolve the log in issue. I keep bringing up the free Let's Encrypt. I know that they are working on a lot of options, but I keep thinking that any security option that costs anything, times the number of websites is going to be expensive on a recurring annual basis. It might be worth while, and I know they won't like hearing this, but it might be worthwhile and cheaper in the long run, to change to a platform that supports Let's Encrypt natively, as opposed to paying annually for security certificates no matter what kind of volume discounts are available. I know they are considering all the issues, it's just hard to beat free. I realize the website code will also likely need to be rewritten (again), a task that I'm sure they won't look forward to doing, since I assume that is all they have been doing for weeks and weeks if not longer.

Just thinking out loud.

Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 2:12 AM - Response #21

2018 sounds about right. I think that back in 2018 CC changed almost all the pages with "personal" or admin functions to https. ALL of those use the CC internal classname URL. I say almost, because they forgot a few Very Happy

Anyway, they also forgot that the cookie stuff that existed would not work like it used to Idea

I suspect that the "free" certificate that will use the CC one will fix this issue. Some will want to use their Domain and that will also fix for a cost (?) since the cookies are stored per URL active. So if one keeps the same main name, cookie will carry over from one page to the next.

As I noted before, the FREE sites actually work fine doing exactly the same thing. Because they do not change the base URL name.

Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 7:29 AM - Response #22

Gary and others with the same philosophy about restricting pages,

I think you've hit on a core issue when you say, in Response #20, "I automatically restrict all my pages."

To you and others who restrict their pages, I say, "Why?" What's the point? This is a high school website for goodness sake!

Contact info, like one's street address, email, and phone numbers are automatically protected and only visible to administrators. Beyond that, who literally cares what is visible? Only someone who feels that exclusivity is somehow advantageous or helpful. It's not.

Our class site has been wide open by design since day one. In so doing, our pages are not only available to classmates who have not joined, but are widely enjoyed by alumni from other classes, faculty, staff, relatives, townspeople, and friends of our class. We've had zero problems in 11 years.

Taking it one step further, my profile is unlocked and in my comments I list my street address, PO Box, email, and phone numbers. I've had zero difficulties in 11 years.

The type of information displayed on Class Creator websites is so innocuous and readily available on the internet, that to overly restrict it is unnecessary, in my opinion.

So, I say unlock your pages, and make your survey problems disappear. Have the philosophy "inclusive, not exclusive." Just my two cents!

Edited 07/20/20 12:50 AM
Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:45 PM - Response #23

Scott Moore wrote:

So, I say unlock your pages, and make your survey problems disappear. Have the philosophy "inclusive, not exclusive." Just my two cents!

Hi Scott, I appreciate your comments and it's a good point. Our issue is not about exclusivity, it's about privacy. Our classmates are encouraged to block search engines by default on their profile. Identity Theft by Social Engineering is a serious problem. For an "Open" website, a bad guy could easily, very easily, obtain all the information they would need to spoof that they are a long lost classmate for social engineering. They could get enough information to convince almost anyone that they had actually been a classmate and had attended their school.

When I first installed Google Analytics, I was amazed that people in Russia and China had spent anywhere from 15 to more than 35 hours exploring the open pages on our site, and that was for a period of less than a month. We're a small class in a small town. No real reason for them to have of interest. Since we have no classmates in China or Russia, one can only wonder why spend so much time on our site, if not for nefarious purposes?

A second reason is that classmates send in photos and articles from time to time and with the sites restricted, I have less worry about the provenance of the image or article. Is it copyrighted, open source, creative commons, or their own photo or article? For articles, I can usually google them and provide links to the original article, as well as being careful to use only a portions of it and provide a link if they want to read the entire thing. Photos are harder to determine if they are copyrighted, although tineye and other photo searches are helpful, they don't protect from someone removing a copyright symbol and sending the photo to us.

Since we are technically a non-profit educational website, we feel somewhat protected by the Fair Use Doctrine. One of the issues for qualifying under that use is that viewing is limited, in our case, to classmates only. If we open the site to anyone, we stand to lose that protection due to widespread distribution.

So that's the reason our site is protected, but I can see you point as well. Thanks!

Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:59 PM - Response #24

Gary,

Thanks for your thoughtful response and the details on why you keep your site restricted. I hope some others weigh in with their reasoning and experiences for keeping their site publicly viewable or restricted, but it's a bit off-topic for this forum on surveys!

Edited 07/20/20 11:00 PM
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 12:16 AM - Response #25

Here are some other reasons for restricting:

Part of the original reason for restricted pages for a new site is to encourage people to join - see what's behind the curtain. In the beginning, I think CC encouraged doing that. Once time goes by, that reason diminishes.

There is some information that can be gleaned from our pages to enable someone to spoof an identity. We had one case in the beginning that we determined was fake. I turned on verification after that. It is something to keep in mind.

One of the admins is concerned about others copying what we put together. That happened with the Bothell history pages I put together - without credit. Sort of a back-handed compliment Smile I discovered this with google search and saw our data copied (mistakes and all) Idea

He's a history teacher and instantly took an issue with the accuracy of the CC supplied source. So we created our own unique 1961 history pages. He wanted it restricted for the plagiarism issue. I am interested in sharing with other 1961 sites. It was one of my very first coding efforts with CC. Maybe I can approach him again. It's split into four pages and areas.

Short story - just different groups, different ages, different tastes.

The "scripts" site I made is both restricted and open to anyone. I made it so one has to login - but the name+pw is listed. That's so I can test login stuff too, like this very topic Idea

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 1:37 AM - Response #26

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

There is some information that can be gleaned from our pages to enable someone to spoof an identity. We had one case in the beginning that we determined was fake. I turned on verification after that. It is something to keep in mind.

We ran into that as well, and turned on verification as well.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 1:50 AM - Response #27

Scott,

I have been watching this thread with interest. I am the admin of a large "baby boom" class of over 650 classmates. All but 209 have either signed up or are part of our "In Memory" page. Many signed up only after they were assured that the information would remain private. This is understandable since some classmates are part of the judicial and political fabric of the city of Pittsburgh.

In addition to the identity theft issues already mentioned by other admins, there could be other possible unexpected consequences. Our "In Memory" page contained many heartfelt messages from our fellow classmates. I thought that family members would find comfort in reading about their loved ones.

I made the In Memory page public. What could go wrong? Well, two of our classmates had married and then divorced. The husband passed away and the ex-wife wrote a touching message about him but also pointed out how he had deserted the family. The second wife/widow clicked on "Contact Us" and as soon as I read the word "defamation", I restricted the page.

Friendly advice - use caution.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 1:16 PM - Response #28

Alison,

Thanks for your insight. As administrators, we each have to strike the proper balance in keeping our pages open or restricted. As I mentioned above, we've had zero difficulties with our wide-open site, and see so many advantages to keeping the pages unrestricted, but I appreciate what you've done in response to the challenges you face.

Edited 07/21/20 2:14 PM
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 10:22 PM - Response #29

Back to the original question about emailing members who did not respond to a survey - I have that link that Gary referred to with his pictures at the bottom of the list of members who did not respond but when I click on the link it takes me to the normal "Email the Class" page and I do not see any button or anything that allows me to email only those people without clicking on each one in the total class list.

What am I missing here? How do those non-respondents get selected for the email?

Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 4:02 AM - Response #30

Jim,

If you system is working properly, you should see that looks like the normal "Mail the class" list of names, but if you look closer, you should see the column on the right, which is the who to send this email to list, does not have the names of everyone on the left side. The list on the right, SHOULD already be populated with those who have NOT responded.

You have obviously done this, but for anyone just reading this, to get to this point, under Admin Functions (the gears icon in the upper right corner), scroll down to Survey and click it, you'll see all your surveys. Find the one you want and click on the Graph Icon. That will take you to the details page.

You can scroll all the say to the bottom and ONLY see "email those who did respond", but at the very bottom will be a tab you can click to "Show/Hide Members who have not responded to survey". If you click on this, those who have not responded will be shown, and if you scroll all the way to the bottom, you'll see the "Email Non-Responding Members" button.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 9:24 AM - Response #31

Here is a screen shot of what I get when I click on the link: "Email Non-Responding Members".
Clicking any of the buttons takes me to the compose email page but all of the classmates are listed as if I just started a new email from the Email the Class page.

Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 9:26 AM - Response #32
Email Non-Respondents 4-29-2021.png

Another try for attaching the picture.

Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 11:45 AM - Response #33

My apologies Jim, obviously you are going to the right place, but it's not working properly.

CLASS CREATOR Folks, any HELP HERE?

Edited 04/22/21 11:45 AM
Thursday, April 22, 2021 at 2:52 PM - Response #34

Jim, strange that you should get that result. When I click on either the those responding or the those not responding link in a survey I'm taken directly to the Email the Class page where one composes the message and the proper recipients have been correctly selected.

Friday, April 23, 2021 at 10:38 AM - Response #35

We are checking into this on the sites that are not seeing what they expect to see.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 2:06 PM - Response #36

Hi Jim,

Please try this again. I just confirmed that it comes up with the expected list of names now and takes you directly to an Email The Class Compose Email rather than the main screen now.

If this was happening to anyone else it will also be resolved on your site.

Jessica

Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 3:11 PM - Response #37

Jessica, this is so awesome that you've finally provided a way to email those who have not replied to a survey!

BUT... it works for www.SPHS72.com BUT NOT for www.SPHSAA.org.

Can you fix this to work on a multi-year website?

Bruce

P.S. maybe you could also think again about adding the "nickname (goes-by) field" we've asked for since 2010 Smile

Friday, February 18, 2022 at 3:56 PM - Response #38
SPHSAA.ORG-SURVEY ISSUE.JPG

It's now February 2022... we are still waiting on a response from CC...

Say, ClassCreator, can the multi-year websites get an update to the program so when we email a survey to a targeted group (for example 1000 of our 5000+ alumni, or one of the class years, NOT ALL of our alumni) we can send a follow-up email only to those we sent the targeted survey to?

Single class-year websites can probably manage this with their smaller numbers of classmates, but it seems to me (I could be wrong)that it DOES NOT work for a targeted survey for a subset of their class that they want a response from. Their only option is to email all classmates who have not responded. You can't choose the subset that was emailed a survey who did not respond to the survey.

Similarly, Multi-Year websites still can only send an email to the ENTIRE list of alumni. There's no way to send an email to a subset of only those to who the survey was sent. We'd like to do follow-up emails to those who don't initially reply to a survey the first time.

Doesn't this make sense?

Edited 02/18/22 3:58 PM
Friday, February 18, 2022 at 4:11 PM - Response #39

I can check with the programmers. I did ask about grouping them. Let me see what they say.

Jessica

Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 5:59 PM - Response #40

YAY! Thank you Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.