ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photos in Comments

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/09/08 07:14 PM Views: 1298 Replies: 3
Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 7:14 PM

I saw in someone's site a picture posted in an In Memory comment. Does anyone know how this could be done in the Leave Comment box on the Profile tab?

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 7:39 PM - Response #1

As you've noticed, Profile comments have no native ability to post images. However you can do it, although it takes a little effort. If you wanna give it a whirl here's how:

1) Go into edit mode for any page of your site, click the chain link icon (not the yellow image icon, you have to actually click the chain link icon), click the Upload tab, upload your image to the system (make sure it's 700 pixels wide or smaller so you don't blow out the forum), and be sure to copy the resulting file path to your clipboard.

2) Next, go into the Comments section where you want to plaste the phote. You have to put in a little bit of code to make this work, and here it is:

In the code above replace the link with the link that you have on your clipboard. Save your Comment, and your image will now appear next to your comment.

Edited 12/09/08 7:40 PM
Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 11:21 PM - Response #2

Thanks Brad, I'll give it a shot. I guess it won't really help because that would be something only an admin could do and the question was posed by a classmate but for my own edification, I'll try it. When I questioned the classmate further, this is what he said:

"When one sends a reply to a message, it might be nice to attach a file – maybe a pdf image of something you found in the newspaper, or a jpeg picture – something to share with just the one person you are sending the message to. If the person has no e-mail address in their profile then they can be contacted only through the website message feature."

My question is, when you get to working on the e-mail program, will it allow for attachments, kind of like here at the bottom?

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 11:45 PM - Response #3

A Classmate could still post an image if the image were located on any other webserver out there. The same img code would apply.

It would actually be impossible for a Classmate not to have an email address, as email address seconds as your site login ID. Best for now to simply trade email addresses and send attachment to the Classmate's actual email box.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.