ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Homepage Issue

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/11/10 11:11 AM Views: 1391 Replies: 5
Monday, January 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Hi,

I was having edit issues with my homepage content disappearing and it has happened again. I tried to add a slideshow to the homepage and when I did, all the homepage content disappeared. Nothing was deleted, but added to. The site is a year old and I've never had trouble with content disappearing like I have the past two weeks. The editing on the homepage is now jepordizing what I already have worked hard to post. What could I be doing wrong now that I haven't had trouble with in the past?

Sorry for the constant problems,
Cyndi

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM - Response #1

I have been troubleshooting the problem further, and it seems that nothing is being saved after I edit. Any changes being made to the homepage do not get saved even though I click Save Changes. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cyndi

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM - Response #2

The home page content is getting saved on my machine.

I typed "kyle" at the top of your home page content, saved it, then viewed the home page. My name was there. I edited it again and removed it. Now it isn't there anymore.

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 6:35 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the test, Kyle. But my admin edit capabilities are not working. Nothing is being saved and if it is, it's intermittent. It's like it chooses what it wants to keep and is not consistant. I'm not able to submit and save on any other computer either. The source code shows in the edit, but no content renders on the page. Now both source and content are missing. BTW, sometimes when I click Save Changes, the content will flash on for a split second, then disappears like it's trying to save.

Cyndi

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 7:15 PM - Response #4

What system (Mac/PC) and browser are you using? Have you tried different browsers?

Monday, January 11, 2010 at 9:01 PM - Response #5

EUREKA!!! I found the problem! I checked line by line of my source code that appeared at the problem area and found that the first youtube code was missing after the and it wasn't compiling properly. After I added it, it worked!!!

Thank you for all your help! I am looking forward to not being so needy!

Cyndi

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.