ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/14/11 03:23 PM Views: 1137 Replies: 3
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I had the first opportunity to enter a registration and order on behalf of a claswsmate within the reunion planner. I was shocked to learn that although, I (as administrator) received an email notice of the ORDER. I did not get a notice of the REGISTRATION. Further and more importantly, the classmate DID NOT get a copy of either. The classmate getting a copy of both to me is a no brainer.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM - Response #1

Hi Charlie,

You have set the reunion registration to require purchase in order to complete the registration. Under that scenario, separate emails to you for registration and order would be redundant. Likewise separate emails to the classmate. The classmate would receive email confirmation of the purchase order only if the purchase was done by credit card processed through the site. Other purchases (requiring admin involvement or follow-up) for order completion would not generate an email to the classmate.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM - Response #2

That logic may be appropriate if the classmate is handing me a check at the time that the transaction is entered. However in this case I wanted him to get a bill as a reminder to send a check.

I think the fact that I entered something on the classmates behalf at his instruction - a notice of the entry SHOULD BE sent so they know it was done. At the very least, I as admin should have been given an option to send or not seen email confirmation of REGISTRATION and/or ORDER to the classmate involved.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM - Response #3

Giving the admin the option of clicking a button to send out a reminder/confirmation email to the user when the admin is doing the initial registration on the user's behalf sounds like a good idea to me. I'll pass it around.

Thank you!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.