ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlists Working Again

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/28/13 04:02 PM Views: 1058 Replies: 12
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

A nice surprise! My embedded playlists are working as they used to without having to open the Playlist.com website.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM - Response #1

Unfortunately we have nothing to do with this. In fact our best guess is somebody at Playlist made some kind of mistake. Hope it lasts but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it stops working again. There's nothing I can find on the Playlist web site that says they're supporting this again.

Monday, January 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM - Response #2

Yes, Tom, I found the same thing with my playlists a couple of weeks ago and posted in the Forums on CC so that others would know. But like Brad said, playlist may not realize what they have done, as you can no longer go and retrieve the code to embed on your site at playlist. Enjoying while it lasts! ~ Marla

Edited 01/28/13 4:22 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM - Response #3

Hi, I have a playlist on my home page which played only when one was on the home page. It is now playing continually, no matter which page I am on. Why is that?
I only want it on the home page.
Thanks.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 4:49 PM - Response #4

Ok. now it is playing only on the home page again. Which is fine with me, but why?

Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 10:13 PM - Response #5

You have added music using the Playlist Generator - see left menu 10th item on last block of menus. It is 'invisible' since that's how you selected it.

Friday, February 15, 2013 at 5:05 AM - Response #6

I just didn't understand why it was playing when other pages were open, but it's OK now. Thanks.

Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM - Response #7

On Playlist's new site, they do have an embed option. When you click it, a small window pops up that has a "skin" choice and an auto play choice, but no shuffle option. Right now, you can shuffle only if you're listening on the Playlist site. Shuffle will not transfer to my CC Home Page.

I rec'd a reply from Playlist to my question about it, and just like the response I got from Grooveshark, "they're working on it."

Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM - Response #8

Well, I'll be, the embed code is back. Thanks for the update. That wasn't there not too long ago.

There's a shuffle option on the upper right in the embedded player (same as online). It was there in the old days too. I assumed it worked and works today.

Is that embed code new? I don't have any old code around. It now is done via iframe. I think it was more complicated before. Anyone have old list object that was made a year ago?

------------

Edit, post here from Marla has the OLD code. Yes, it's quite different. New code will work on iPad sort of. User can link to Playlist. I bet they plan on fixing this for iPads (etc) since the iframe allows updates at their pleasure.

Edited 02/24/13 12:24 AM
Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM - Response #9

Yes, you're right; the shuffle button is in the upper right corner, but I need the old shuffle option WITHIN the embed code so my members won't have to always click the shuffle with every visit.

In the old version I inserted an auto-play and a shuffle that began AUTOMATICALLY. That's what Playlist said they were working on when I sent them an email today.

Monday, February 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM - Response #10

The playlist on my home page is not working.
Any suggestions for troubleshooting?
Thanks.

Monday, February 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM - Response #11

I had deleted our playlists last summer, so went to Playlist.com and found all of my old lists were still there. I revised them and put most of them back up. Playlist has a new interface and embed is included, working the same way---copy and paste into source code. It seems like they are trying to connect more easily with social media sites and if so, they may see the embed code feature as essential yet haven't made it exclusive or tied it to a fee, as yet. I'm going with it for as long as we can. Classmates love this feature.

Monday, February 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM - Response #12

So after reading this thread about music, I went to Playlist to see if my old music was there from before they cut it out. Surprise it was still there. When I opened it up there was a familiar box named "EMBED". I quickly clicked on it, grabbed the code and now have music on my site again. WOW!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.