ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Alumni Association Dues "Record"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/03/09 11:16 PM Views: 1465 Replies: 2
Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Greetings from a sunny Japan!! Smile

One of the other admins and I want to add a line to everyone's profile to show if they have paid their annual dues and through to what year.

This in itself may be simple to do... but we'd like to set it to where the information cannot be "messed with" by the schoolmate/classmate themselves... in other words, they can view it and not change it.

Is this possible? Do you have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!!

Brad and crew, you guys are so wonderful and helpful... it's always a joy to read the advice you give to all of us who are working hard at reconnecting with our classmates! Thank you for all the time and energy you spend!

Most sincerely,

Roberta
ZHS - c/o '88

Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 11:18 AM - Response #1

What you want isn't possible right now. I am not sure if this kind of a Profile item is being planned for in the task list (This is an item for Brad to answer). I remember somewhere that a field like this was wanted to display phrases like "Most likely to succeed", etc. for each classmate. It wouldn't be editable by the classmate but was a field entered by the admin. I don't know if it was decided if it will be implemented or not.

Here is the Forum Discussion about "Superlatives" (most likely to succeed, etc.)
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=6D56811F-F058-998C-12E58251EC26CB31#6D56811F-F058-998C-12E58251EC26CB31

Also HERE:
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=202BB21D-0CEE-D836-1510287CA29F1D26#202BB21D-0CEE-D836-1510287CA29F1D26

From what I can tell from your description, that "Alumni Association Dues" field would not be a private field and could be seen by everyone who is logged in to the website and looks at that classmate's profile. It would not only be a field that is visible to the classmate only.

Since this wouldn't be a private field, maybe you could allocate one of your Custom Pages and do the following. Since it is logical to keep this kind of data in a spreadsheet, you could select the contents of the spreadsheet and paste it inside of the custom page you want to report your dues. Then classmates could search and find their name and find out if they are behind in their dues.

Edited 10/04/09 11:30 AM
Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM - Response #2

That's probabably the best solution for now. More about this topic kind of picked up in this thread. Bottom line, it may be best to create a separate Dues module that could do this as well as handle any other needs that pertain to Dues that will surely surface.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.