ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/08/15 01:54 PM Views: 1011 Replies: 4
Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM

I've looked at the problems from October, and mine are similar but not the same:
1. I created an announcement and it showed. It had a check box next to it. Active and Logged in are both checked.

2. When I edit announcements, the one I had showing, I UNCHECKED but did not delete. It has no expiration on it.
I saved, but did NOT notify all classmates. However, some or all classmates were notified, including me.

3. When I went in again, it started showing up and i again edited announcements and it was checked. I unchecked it again, and saved and did not notify classmates. Again it showed up checked.

4. I finally deleted the announcement and that seems to have fixed it...but yet again classmates were notified after I saved the page, and did NOT check to notify classmates.

i.e. I can't seem to keep the announcements - actually only that one announcement doing the right thing. The others are working OK...for now. Of course now it is gone, and unless you can recover it - just deleted yesterday or today - we can't reproduce it

Suggestions/thoughts?

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 4:27 PM - Response #1

If your announcement has a start date, the script that runs to check to see if any announcements need to be launched is turning your announcement back on. Either remove the start date or add an already past expired date.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 10:54 AM - Response #2

Ok - and why are all classmates getting email notifications when I explicitly did NOT check the option to notify N classmates?

I don't believe I had inserted any start date or end date - but can't be certain

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM - Response #3

I assume that this was for the announcement called Apologies. That should be resolved now that you have an expired date entered. I will follow up with the programmer to be sure that when an announcement is scheduled to automatically launch, that it respects the checkbox for the Notify notifications.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 4:38 PM - Response #4

Actually Scott - there was NEVER any message received for that announcement (Apologies) or for the one presently showing about seasons greetings...but on 12/6 7 and 8 I got the announcement for the old announcement that I've since deleted saying : Well maybe not 100% Free - but for $90 for one year of concerts/performances for two, … More

Thus the mystery and frustration

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.