ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

email blocked

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/23/12 07:21 PM Views: 2998 Replies: 23
Monday, July 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM

somehow an email to my address got returned. how can i get the blocked parameter removed from my account? after all the emails that have gone thru my account, its strange that i;d get this now

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Response #1

any suggestions or tech support?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM - Response #2

I removed the block. Your email had bounced because of a transient problem with Comcast/Roadrunner affecting email domains comcast.net, roadrunner.com and *.rr.com.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 10:45 AM - Response #3

Eric, I hm having the same problem on my emails with comcast and embarqmail.com.

Can you unblock the ones on my website also?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM - Response #4

I have a classmate that started getting bouncebacks this weekend. She has done everything as directed and is still getting them. She has never had a problem before. She has comcast also. Could this be her problem?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM - Response #5

I am having the same problem. I have 8 bouncebacks. How do I correct this?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM - Response #6

Eric....
We are having the same issue. When you removed the block did that cover all CC web sites or will you have to do this for each inividually?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM - Response #7

Eric....
We are having the same issue. When you removed the block did that cover all CC web sites or will you have to do this for each inividually?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM - Response #8

We are working with Comcast to resolve this issue. Bounce blocked for affected addresses will be removed when the issue is resolved.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM - Response #9

Eric, it isn't only comcast. I have a classmate with CenturyLink that is also being bounced.

Thanks for your efforts. Hope it's corrected soon!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM - Response #10

There are a number of different domains that are affected by this issue. The relevant blocks can only be (usefully) removed after it is resolved.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM - Response #11

Looks like this might be a big problem.

I have started getting bouncebacks on emails that I have sent to the entire class. The bouncebacks have all gone to email addresses at q.com or comcast.com. The bouncebacks from q.com (the old Qwest Communications) had the error message: '554 5.7.1 Message blocked due to spam content in the message'. The bouncebacks from comcast.com had the error message: 'Comcast block for spam. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#BL000000'.

How soon do you expect to have this problem resolved since it appears the ISP's are determing that there is spam coming from ClassCreator's IP addresses?

Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 2:00 AM - Response #12

As the Admin, I haven't received any email from ClassCreator since July 19, and I do not have a Comcast address. My email doesn't show up on my bounceback list, however.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 3:05 AM - Response #13

To add to your list, Eric...

I had two blocked due to spam:
1 - comcast
1 - insightbb.com

Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM - Response #14

We are trying to track down exactly what it is that is triggering the spam filters on various email domains, but we can't estimate how long it will take to correct. Currently, it seems that embarqmail.com and centurylink.net addresses are still blocking us, I'm not sure about q.com, and Comcast and Roadrunner domains seem to be working now.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 6:35 PM - Response #15

If the problem with Comcast.net has been resolved why is our classmate still blocked? Does she need to do something to take care of this now?

Thank you for all the wonderful help.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM - Response #16

When I receive email from the website now, it says **SPAM** and I have cox.net. The email does come thru, but it had not previously had the SPAM notation at the beginning of the subject line.

Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM - Response #17

Suzan, love you wallpaper! Where did you find that?? So appropriate right now!

Friday, July 27, 2012 at 2:41 PM - Response #18

The problem has not been resolved, but we had our hopes up. We're still working on it.

Sunday, July 29, 2012 at 7:49 PM - Response #19

It looks like several related ISP's are being blocked

comcast
rr (all of the roadrunner/time warner)
adelphia

I even have a hotmail that bounced, but could be unrelated.

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 11:34 AM - Response #20

I emailed the "class last week" and most of the bounce emails were to comcast, att.net,sbc.net or sbcglobal.net addresses. I have completed the form from att requesting the emails be unblocked for my own email address but it still remains blacklisted.
Any ideas?

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM - Response #21

Out of 128 emails sent, you had 22 bouncebacks. If this was the first attempt at mailing the class, I would call that a typical result. You next step is to make a list of these bounced email addresses (you can get to that list from your homepage in the notification box) and email all of these addresses from your local computer / personal email client. If they bounce again, they are not likely to be good addresses and you should removed them from the system.

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM - Response #22

In addition to the 22, there were 10 more that were bounced. Most of these used att as an ISP. The bounced emails includes my email and several other personal friends of mine. So I know att has blacklisted the site.

I will resend the other 22 email from my personal email address.

Monday, July 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM - Response #23

ATT.net is one of those email service providers in which you uses may need to log into their ATT.net webmail account to add your sending address as a whitelisted / safe sender. I just did a quick google search on whitelisting at different ESP's and here is one of the many links I found:

http://capitalequityreport.com/about-us/whitelisting/

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.