ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery - Classmate Identification

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/01/10 09:59 PM Views: 1268 Replies: 2
Monday, March 1, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I have a Photo Gallery of our grade school photos. One phote is the graduation pictures with caps and gowns. Our class had 132 classmates so I then created an Excel spreadsheet with a place to add the names for identification purposes. Row 1 - Seat 1, Seat 2, etc. Can you suggest a neat way to tied the Excel spreadsheet to the picture so someone can use the Excel spreadsheet to identify their old classmates?
Or can I make the Excel a picture and make it tied to the actual picture? Suggestions please.

Thanks, ED

Edited 03/01/10 10:00 PM
Monday, March 1, 2010 at 11:14 PM - Response #1

Since everyone doesn't have a copy of Excel installed on their computer, I'd print your Excel file to PDF and then upload the PDF to your File Vault. And then under your photo I'd include a hyperlink to your PDF file so people can quickly click the link and use it as a reference. If you'd like to give this a whirl and need any assistance getting your link in place, etc. let me know and I'll give you a hand.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 12:15 AM - Response #2

We had a group photo from our 1999 reunion.

I just pasted the list of names by row, below the photo.

http://www.bhs1978.com/class_custom2.cfm

I'm interested in watching this forum in case there's a more usable way to tie the name list to the photo or at least have 2 different windows so you can scroll the list while viewing the photo in place.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.