ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Question about software

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/26/09 09:02 AM Views: 1289 Replies: 1
Friday, June 26, 2009 at 9:02 AM

I was able to build my page using the Issuu site with no problem .. however, I am not crazy about using a site that has advertising .. plus do I have to make this available on their site for viewing? .. I just wanted it on our class reunion website.

My other question is this .. is there software online that one can buy that will do this same thing? or would this be part of all website building software? .. I use Dreamweaver.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brenda

Friday, June 26, 2009 at 10:17 AM - Response #1

Brenda Napier wrote:

I was able to build my page using the Issuu site with no problem .. however, I am not crazy about using a site that has advertising .. plus do I have to make this available on their site for viewing? .. I just wanted it on our class reunion website.

My other question is this .. is there software online that one can buy that will do this same thing? or would this be part of all website building software? .. I use Dreamweaver.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brenda

Most third party plugins you can use for free will put on some type of advertising. Sometimes you can pay a fee and turn the ads off. I'm not sure if this is an option with Issu but I'm sure somewhere on their site this is specified.

Yes, you can do this yourself using Adobe Flash. The resulting file would be plugged into Adobe Dreamweaver. This would be a very challenging project for most people in Flash as it involves Action Scripting and other things, but technically you can do it there. Or you can get somebody to build it for you. Elance.com is a great place to hire people to make custom things like this, and it's often inexpensive.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.