ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Product Manager Out-Of-Stock Question

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/10/16 09:07 PM Views: 844 Replies: 3
Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Hello everyone,
Fairly new to CC and the forums but learning a lot and getting our site ready to go. I am down to a couple issues left that I can;t seem to find an answer for:

We are contemplating T-shirts for our 40th reunion in the fall, and as I was checking out the Product Manager and setting up a fictitious product it occurred to me that there is no way to make certain items out of stock. For instance if I set up small, medium, large, and extra-large t-shirt sizes, then I set up color choices of blue or gold, I can't make small blue shirts out-of-stock. I can only make all blue shirts out of stock or all small shirts out-of-stock, not just the small blue shirts.

I am guessing that the only way to sell the shirts is to make each color/size a totally separate item and skip the Custom Options altogether?

I also read on one of the threads as I was researching my first issue another issue I noticed concerning inventory management. This would be a great feature to prevent overselling if the admins didn't monitor the sales close enough to prevent overselling and having to then deal with refunds and potentially unhappy buyers. Is this feature still planned?

Any help/advice with either issue will be greatly appreciated.

Monday, April 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM - Response #1

We do not have an inventory management system built into this feature. However, listed among the options for the product is an Out of Stock checkbox that can be checked when needed.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 4:26 PM - Response #2

Hi Scott,

I saw the "Out of Stock" checkbox, but in reference to my original question...

"We are contemplating T-shirts for our 40th reunion in the fall, and as I was checking out the Product Manager and setting up a fictitious product it occurred to me that there is no way to make certain items out of stock. For instance if I set up small, medium, large, and extra-large t-shirt sizes, then I set up color choices of blue or gold, I can't make small blue shirts out-of-stock. I can only make all blue shirts out of stock or all small shirts out-of-stock, not just the small blue shirts.

I am guessing that the only way to sell the shirts is to make each color/size a totally separate item and skip the Custom Options altogether?"

Edited 04/13/16 5:06 PM
Friday, April 15, 2016 at 2:35 PM - Response #3

You are correct. That would be a limit in the current arrangement of the system.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.