ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Transfer domains IN from old registrar

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/05/20 12:56 AM Views: 1470 Replies: 5
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 12:56 AM

Hi!

We have three domain names that formerly pointed to our site. Now they go to the "SYSTEM UPGRADE COMPLETE" webpage.

Two questions:

1. Our current registrar is Netfirms. I'm having trouble getting the A record set up, so I want to just transfer the domains into ClassNames.net. I assume I can do this, right?

2. Once we transfer the domains, can Class Creator fix our domains so that they point to the site again (instead of going to SYSTEM UPGRADE COMPLETE)? (i.e. can you do the work that's needed on ClassNames.net)

Edited 06/05/20 1:16 AM
Friday, June 5, 2020 at 1:05 AM - Response #1

Hi Kelly,

We use www.classnames.net to manage domains. It is a system created by Enom.com (the underlying registration company for classnames.net) to point the domains to the sites. They also provide us with control panel for assisting customers and an API for making mass updates like we did this past week so if you open an account there and transfer them over we could assist you with all of the updates.

What are the domains and which sites do they point to or do they all point to the same site? If they all point to the same site which one is the primary domain that the other domains forward to?

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, June 5, 2020 at 1:19 AM - Response #2

Thank you for the help, Jessica!

The three domains are listed below.
kw1980.org kw1980.com kw80.org

kw1980.org is the main domain: the other two names forward to it.

1. I made an account on ClassNames.net, and initiated the transfer. The transfer number is 53526590. Can you take the transfer from here on?

2. Can you please delete transfer number 53526584? It is one that was aborted, because my credit card info was blank.

THANK YOU!!!

Edited 06/05/20 2:07 AM
Monday, June 8, 2020 at 3:10 PM - Response #3

What is the login ID that contains the transfer orders? I've tried to look them up and it keeps asking for the Login in our control panel.

Did you unlock the domains at the current registrar before you started.

I just realized your email is listed as Admin@ your domain.org Do you have POP3 accounts (email accounts you log into individually) at the current provider or do you just use that for email forwards (forwarding admin@ to an existing external email address). Are you keeping the email accounts and/or forwarding you had there. Please email me your answer to info@classcreator.com because I don't want your email addresses listed on public forums. If you are just forwarding emails you can email me a list of all of your current forwards email address@ forwards to external address x, etc.

If you are using POP3 accounts and keeping the accounts there we can point the MX records back to your current email provider. If you are using POP3 and don't want to keep the existing set up you will want to make sure you have downloaded all of your messages on their system and there is a POP3 option at www.classnames.net

Send me the details via email at the info@classcreator.com address.

Jessica

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 2:49 AM - Response #4

The transfers completed tonight and I updated them all to make sure they are pointing to your site.

Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 9:56 PM - Response #5

About transfers: You are SO awesome. Thank you! Thank you!
RE: email: I'll email you at the address you said. Thanks!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.