ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

looking for a reunion cartoon I saw on a site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/10 05:03 PM Views: 2255 Replies: 14
Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Need help in finding a reunion cartoon I saw on somebody's class site... Of course, now, I can't find it.. Anyway, it was something about the reunion is a year away, but, the wife needs to start getting in shape now. Something like that.. I think the tag line was you can't start too early to get ready for your class reunion.. Does this ring a bell with anybody ?
thanks so much...

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:18 PM - Response #1
laughLines5.jpeg

Hi Lynda,
I think you might be referring to the Hi and Lois cartoon about going to a reunion planning meeting,etc. Although i didn't save it (many in our class are very sensitive about such things and said they haven't been to a reunion in 25-35 years because of such...) i know someone out there has a copy! It was very cute! I wished that i had saved it, especially now that many in our class have realized it's not about such things!
Hope ya find it! But here's another!

Edited 09/16/10 6:41 PM
Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:31 PM - Response #2
Hi & Lois.jpg

Perhaps this is the one you are thinking about.

Jerry Richardson

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:32 PM - Response #3
iggy.jpg

Here is another one

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:47 PM - Response #4
getting in shape.gif

Hmmm - I will keep looking through my collection - but here is one to tease you with!

[one more to follow]

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:49 PM - Response #5
6725_reunion_cartoon.gif

2nd one

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:50 PM - Response #6
comixreuniondenialsyndrome.gif

I have a few..I will attach them here.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:51 PM - Response #7
comixreunionlists.gif

Here's another one.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 5:52 PM - Response #8
comizreunionrogerwhoareyou.gif

Another one!
This one is my favorite!!!LaughingLaughing

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 6:10 PM - Response #9

That's it, Jerry, the Hi and Lois one... Thanks so much, you're awesome....

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 6:13 PM - Response #10

I have both of those, Steve... Thanks...

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 6:14 PM - Response #11

Thanks, Darlene, I can use a couple of those...

Friday, September 24, 2010 at 8:54 PM - Response #12
Hi_and_Lois.gif

Hi Lynda,

Sorry I'm a little late in responding to this post.

Whenever I come across a cartoon, I always like to trace down the original if I can and get it from the comic's own archive site rather than something I might scan in from a hardcopy or something I've taken a screen shot of. Here's the original Hi and Lois.

I've collected quite a collection of original reunion cartoons but don't know how to send a large collection to you via the forum or even if you're interested in any more than the one. Just attaching one at a time was a little bit of a challenge for me. Wink

I'm a Garfield fan so I have the 15 or so that were Jon's Renuion, also the 8 or so that were Wheezer's (Jon's HS chum) visit, and a couple of dozen scattered throughout the years with Jon musing over entries in his yearbook.

Recently I also tracked down the Cathy series on Irving's 25th Reunion.

Have miscellaneous others as well. I've probably collected close to 100 overall.

I believe they are all legal as I obtained them either from public newspaper archives or the artists' own sites.

Let me know if you're interested in more.

Jim

Edited 09/24/10 9:06 PM
Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 1:43 AM - Response #13
Hi_and_Lois.gif

Jim Minor wrote:

...I believe they are all legal as I obtained them either from public newspaper archives or the artists' own sites...

Sorry Jim -- just because it's on an internet site doesn't give someone else the right to post it elsewhere on the internet.

Newspapers pay a fee to run cartoon strips in their papers and on their internet sites. They aren't granting internet visitors the rights to reprint them or use them.

Webmaster must be aware of the "copyrights and wrongs". Just want to keep us all legal here. Rolling Eyes

John

Saturday, September 25, 2010 at 7:44 AM - Response #14

Thanks for the info John. My bad.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.