Thursday, April 23, 2015 at 10:19 PM

Had some peculiar incidents with users replying to topics two days ago. As context -- I had created 5 main "Forums" under which we solicited comments. My understanding re normal use is:

-- An interested user clicks on a "Forum" and creates a "Topic" w/ heading then enters their message. Any user may also do the same in parallel. Or...

-- Another user may choose a "Reply" or "Quoted reply" to a "Topic" (QUESTION: NOT SURE AS TO THE DIFFERENCES/USES OF REPLY/QUOTED REPLY SO PLS EXPLAIN); then that Reply posts under the original Topic BUT changes the commenter's name on the UF Home page to the latest submitter's name.

QUESTION: ANY WAY TO KEEP THE UF HOME PAGE TOPIC ORIGINATORS'S NAME ALONG WITH THE NAME OF THE LATEST REPLIER?

OTHER ISSUES

In one case, a user seems to have created a new Topic under a Forum that had an initial Topic w/ entry. When it posted, it seems to have replaced (eliminated) the prior (initial) Topic name and originator's entry. Then some hours later, the site appeared to 'correct itself' spontaneously -- yet none of our admin or users recalled that they did anything to reverse the issue; the first new Topic re-appeared. However -- at the same time, another user's Topic looked to have shifted to under a completely new Forum (which I just shifted back today). After I shifted it --I AGAIN saw that the very first Topic entrant's Topic/comments disappeared... Then the site went down for Maintenance. Wondering if there might have been a couple of Maint-related content reversions that caused these peculiar phenomena?

If not -- do you have a way of determining exactly what happened (and who was involved if anyone was), e.g. such as session logs?

Need to know because we've just begun to position this link with our membership and I suspect we need to tell them how to properly use Reply (or Quoted Reply) and/or set up new Topics (and how not to) to avoid this kind of incident. thx, Rog