ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Updates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/10/14 10:27 AM Views: 972 Replies: 13
Monday, February 10, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I received an email that one of my members updated their profile. However, when I went to the site, her name did not show as an update.
As an Admin, will I receive ANY updated profile even if they don't select the "show update" box?

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 4:51 PM - Response #1

No, however there is a notification that is often confused with the Profile Update where the contact details have been updated.

Monday, February 10, 2014 at 11:50 PM - Response #2

I got led astray on this a while back. Note that admins get an admin notify if there's a change to details/contact-info, but that is not a 'Profile Update" and not treated as one.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM - Response #3

Thank you gents, I understand now.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 12:56 PM - Response #5

It just came to my attention that when a classmate updates their COMMENTS and SCHOOL STORY that information does not display on their profile page any longer since the new format went into effect.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM - Response #6

Andrea, Actually the information is still there, however it is located further down the page. Please take another look.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 3:54 PM - Response #7

Oh, right I found it. Personally I think the COMMENT and SCHOOL UPDATE boxes need to be placed at the top of the Profile page. It's tedious to have to scroll down to the bottom of the page and try to find what updates our classmates have made if you even know to do that, which I didn't. Can you do that, move this to the top under the profile information? QuestionQuestion
Thanks

Edited 09/25/14 3:55 PM
Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 4:04 PM - Response #8

Unfortunately, currently it is not programmed that way. It was decided, when it was designed, that keeping the profile comments and latest interactions to the top as these are the most updated areas of content and we did not want that to be pushed down the page. I will however be sure that Brad is aware of your opinion here.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM - Response #9

I can see how keeping the new comments towards the top was an overriding consideration, but also keep in mind that when someone makes a new comment on someone's profile page, those comments also appear on the WHAT'S NEW page that was added with the new format design; and also when a new comment is made, we get a message in our email box that tells us there is something new added and then a link is provided that takes us to the where the new message is. When someone changes their profile, it can be tedious and confusion trying to figure out where those new comments are appearing. I'll have to figure out a way to advise our classmates where to look.

Friday, September 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM - Response #10

I understand the "pains" of this issue. I am going to work on a possible better way to handle this with the programmer in the next week or so.

Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 9:51 AM - Response #11

Any chance the year could be added to the month and day a profile comment is made?

Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 12:11 PM - Response #12

Rhonda McClellan wrote:

Any chance the year could be added to the month and day a profile comment is made?

I'll second that.

Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 12:48 PM - Response #13

From what I see, the year is added - a day or two after a comment is a year old. But that can be confusing, like on a birthday when you have several comments on the same day but different years.

My vote would be to add the year for older comments, after January 1st of each year. Or just include the year on all comments posted.

Edited 01/31/15 1:28 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.