ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

convert pdf docs. to word for free

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/10 11:51 AM Views: 1363 Replies: 4
Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Did you know that you can convert .PDF documents to Word documents for free on the web?

If you have access to the Internet, I can recommend a website to you. This website is http://www.pdftoword.com/. It's entirely free and each time that you want to convert a PDF to Word, OpenOffice etc, you simply go on the site, upload the document, select PDF or RTF and put in your email address. You will then be sent the resulting document. They also have a download-able version but if you don't need to use it all the time, just bookmark the site and come back to it as and when you need it.

If you want to get the text from the PDF in Notepad format then you can simply download the '.doc' file and then copy and paste it into Notepad. The great thing about http://www.pdftoword.com/ is that it also converts images very accurately. Here is what the company says about this on the homepage "Our PDF-to-Word converter is designed to convert and accurately re-position all of these upon conversion. Even for complex drawings and shapes with textures, patterns, and fills, we replicate the images, while maintaining editing capabilities."

They also claim to have a more accurate PDF to Word conversion than even high end desktop software products that you have to pay for so is definitely worth checking out.
(This is from www.worldstart.com)

Edited 09/17/10 6:29 PM
Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 3:16 PM - Response #1

Thank You Lynda,

This is a great tool. The ONLY thing I really wonder about, is the original intent of PDF has now been abolished. Here we have what I would call "Hacker's with a License." On the one hand this is nice to have, on the other hand it "violates" (with a license) copyright protections for Authors and the like. Oh well!!!Evil or Very Mad

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 5:51 PM - Response #2

Hmmm. I'd be a little wary of uploading my Word files to a third party. Certainly nothing business related or very personal.

There are other software programs that emulate Adobe Acrobat's functions to create PDFs and perhaps to de-construct them too.

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 6:27 PM - Response #3

John Chidester wrote:

Hmmm. I'd be a little wary of uploading my Word files to a third party. Certainly nothing business related or very personal.

"Coach" John,

You've made a good point.Smile While I doubt I would use their program, one can purchase the program for what I call a rather "steep" $99.

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 6:32 PM - Response #4

This was recommended by Worldstart.com. a reliable computer tips publication emailed to me every day. Just thought it might be useful to some on here..

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.