ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

playlist question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/09/10 12:55 AM Views: 1698 Replies: 5
Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 12:55 AM

I have playlist on my homepage. I have now figured out how to creat my gallery of photos from our reunion. Is it possible to transfer this playlist to the gallery? Or do I have to create a new one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 10:37 AM - Response #1

If you log into your playlist.com account, you can grab fresh code. Or you can grab the code from your homepage as long as you know what code to grab, because you will need the code to be complete for it to work. Remember - if you want the player to play but not display, set the height and width parameters to 1 (if you set to 0 it will not play in Firefox).

Once you have your code, go back to the Gallery Creator and click the Edit icon on the gallery you want to add the music to... then paste your embed code into the source of the editor window.

That should work.
Scott

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 2:53 PM - Response #2

I agree and that is something that admins will need to consider when inserting playlist.com players on their site.

Monday, July 5, 2010 at 12:28 AM - Response #3

Scott,

Larry here somewhat of a newbie to this fantastic application.

Reference to the potential problem with playlist, how does one overcome a classmate listening to the playlist and then doing a chat session with audio?

Thanks,

Larry

Monday, July 5, 2010 at 12:40 AM - Response #4

If you're displaying the Playlist interface on your home page this won't be a problem -- Classmates can simply go to that window and turn off the music at any time. This is only a problem if:

1) Admin embeds Playlist music on home page
2) Admin chooses to hide Playlist interface so Classmates can't control it
3) Classmate happens to launch live chat while on the home page streaming music in the background with no visible interface

If these 3 things happen, the solution for the Classmate is to click back into the home page window, navigate anywhere on the site other than the home page (that is streaming the music), then go back to the Live Chat window. Problem solved. Overall this is a pretty straight forward process most people will figure out even if you do hide the Playlist interface, but if you have less tech savvy Classmates then the solution here is simply don't hide your Playlist interface from your Classmates.

Monday, July 5, 2010 at 1:17 AM - Response #5

Thanks Brad, I will save this for future reference.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.