ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Galleries--Holy Smoke--Help...

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/28/10 05:25 PM Views: 1779 Replies: 10
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 5:25 PM

This seems to be an extremely confusing area. I spent some time setting up a Photo Galleries (plural) under which I set up one Gallery called 2010 Mijares Reunion (something like that) and in that gallery I placed two pictures. Since there is only one gallery it automatically opens to 2010 Mijares Reunion and displays the two pictures. I thought I was home free but someone 'snooped' around my site and pointed out some errors which I thank him for but this one has me beat. He said that I had two albums and that both of them had the same two pictures in them and that I should delete one of the galleries. I don't see this problem at all. Maybe I will when we go to add more albums? I don't want umpteen albums all showing on the left home page column and I don't see the duplicated pictures.Confused

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 5:59 PM - Response #1

I was the 'snoop' Here's the picture of the two Galleries.

Both have the same two pictures in them although the 'top image' is different in the Gallery view.

Click here to view

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 6:07 PM - Response #2

Susan,

You don't have two galleries. You only have one gallery with two pictures in it. I think John is confused because when you click on the first picture, the slide show starts and you can see the 1st picture and then the 2nd picture. When you click on the 2nd picture, the slide show starts with the 2nd picture, so it looks like after you have viewed the slide show, you click the next photo and it is just a repeat of the last picture of the slide show you just watched.

I don't think anything is wrong with your slide show or your galleries.

As you use your slide show feature, it will become less confusing. You have to remember that you have probably never heard of ClassCreator seven days ago (assuming because you are still in the trial version).

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 6:34 PM - Response #3

Confused, yes. Sad

(Both confused and embarrassed in the same day.)

Because there WAS only one gallery, I saw the thumbnails of both pictures immediately.

I'm used to looking at a gallery and seeing several albums.

Now that there are two galleries, it looks 'familiar' to me.
Click to View

Sorry, Susan! Not much help on that one. Embarassed

Edited 07/28/10 6:38 PM
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 6:42 PM - Response #4

John,

Sorry it was me who pointed out your confusion and made you embarrassed.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 6:58 PM - Response #5

Kyle Erickson wrote:

John,
Sorry it was me who pointed out your confusion and made you embarrassed.

"NO Pancakes for YOU!" The pancake Nazi Twisted Evil

(No Soup for YOUtube!)

Edited 07/28/10 7:01 PM
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM - Response #6

No problems here either. I thought I'd just add another album to see what happens and things looked less confusing.Very Happy

Thanks for the help... It needed to be done anyway. I hope to let the classmates upload and edit their own pictures but with any luck an Admin will create the album.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 7:15 PM - Response #7

Thanks, Susan. A new feature added just days ago allows you to prepare copy ABOVE the thumbnails of all your galleries. I used the space for instructions.

Here's an example

I'm putting this into the 'public domain' Rolling Eyes Feel free to use the idea or modify it to fit your situation.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM - Response #8

Thanks but my plate is way to full and this will have to come up another time.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM - Response #9

Hey John, we appreciate all the help you "young" folks give to us "old" folks, in all seriousness, thank you!

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM - Response #10

We just had a wonderful weekend having our 45th reunion! I see from your post that you want classmates to upload their reunion pictures. How and where will they upload them?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.