ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

new Year's email to class list

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/01/12 09:13 PM Views: 1212 Replies: 3
Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM

the new years email fromthe cc site was due to go out today. I updated the message but it did not go out? Just my site or everyone's? Pleas let me know. Reunion meetings starting in 2012. Thanks & Happy New Year.

Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 9:17 PM - Response #1

Brad sent out an e-mail to all admins on DECEMBER 25th. If you didn't receive it, check your SPAM or Junk Mail. Here is what it said:

--------------------
We have decided to deactivate the automated New Year's Day email. You can find this email by clicking your Preferences link. We are removing this feature because:

1) With so many Classmates on the system now it's not efficient for the servers to send so many emails at the exact same time.

2) Many people have expressed the desire to create more elaborate New Year's emails using the recently-launched new editor.

New Year's Day is a great time to email your entire class and we still encourage you to do so manually. Remind your Classmates that New Year's Day is a great time to update their Profiles. This also helps keep your site current and boost activity.

If you had created a New Year's email on your Preferences page and wish to use it on New Year's Day please do the following:

1) Click the Preferences link
2) Select the New Year's email content and press control-c to copy
3) Click the Email the Class link
4) Create new email and press control-v to paste content
5) Dress up using new editor tools as desired and send

Happy Holidays to everyone, and we wish you an exciting and prosperous 2012.
--------------

So the e-mail didn't go out unless you specifically did an EMAIL THE CLASS.

Monday, January 2, 2012 at 9:45 PM - Response #2

Hi Kyle,
I didn't receive your email about the New Year's letter. It was not in my SPAM. I also haven't been able to reply to any of the posts. They bounce back.

Is it possible to check and see if there is a problem with my email? I have changed it recently and do receive emails from class creator, but you can find something to fix the bouncebacks?

Thanks,
Leslie Howerton Jones

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM - Response #3

Hi Leslie,

It looks like the people whose mail bounced have not logged into the site in a long time, and their email addresses are no longer valid. That is why the messages are bouncing back. You'll need to contact those individuals (some may have alternate addresses in their details, which you can get to through Manage Classmates under Admin Functions), and find out their current contact information.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.