ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Server hosting

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/05/13 12:41 PM Views: 1139 Replies: 8
Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I just purchased/registered a domain name for three years from GoDaddy. From everything I have read I must transfer the the name from GoDaddy rather than entering the names servers at GoDaddy. As domain names can not be transferred for 60 days so I have no way to open a site here----and NO I will not purchase another name.
An explanation for this policy of transferring the name would be appreciated.
The e-mail on my test site is not working so I will check back for a reply.

Thank you,
Ken

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM - Response #1

Hi Ken,
Go to this thread (CLICK HERE) to read Kyle's how to. I always forget how to do it and want to thank you for this question, as I have to do this again.

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM - Response #2

Oh and Ken... welcome to our admins Help Forums!

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM - Response #3

I meant to address a couple other things but forgot after I found the thread with Kyle's post.

Your domain name (site address) may work soon. It generally does for me. You are not transferring the name, you are pointing it to your site.

Also with your domain, you should have received a free email address. Give them a call to set it up easily. They will walk you through it over the phone. I use their web mail to access the email for my four sites due to computer crashes in the past and lost emails in my mail program. My sites' email is info@(domainname).com. I have not added the site emails to my mobile but am about to do so as I am receiving more and more mail.

Hope this helps a bit. Please give us an update and have a good week!

Edited 08/05/13 1:00 PM
Monday, August 5, 2013 at 4:02 PM - Response #4

Repointing Domain Names:

If you wish to point your domain name directly to your Class Creator web site, please go into your domain manager at your existing Registrar and add the following IP address to the A record: 69.41.171.62. This will link your domain name to your Class Creator web site. If you need assistance please call your Registrar by phone and read them the above instructions and they will be able to assist you. Please note that the ONLY thing you need to change at your Registrar is your A record. You do not need to change anything else, such as nameservers. After you've done this log into your class web site, click the "Register Domain" link, and type in your domain name and then click the Activate Domain Name button. This will link up your domain name from your Registrar to your Class Creator web site and you'll be all set.

Note: it can take GoDaddy 24-48 hours to complete the switch. You will know it is complete when you go to the domain name and you see a Class Creator page that says "This Domain Name is not yet configured."

Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 8:16 PM - Response #5

The IP address noted on August 5, 2013 is not working. Might there be a new one?

Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 9:08 PM - Response #6

Gwen,

The network address for Classcreator.com (and associated sites) seems to vary slightly, probably shifting between multiple network paths to one or more servers - with varying response times.

The default seems to be 69.41.171.204, but that last number shuffles between 204 to 206 with several quick tests.

Interestingly, the address for the forums resolves to a different network segment - not that anyone but us techies cares as long as we get there.

Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 10:08 PM - Response #7

I added a new domain about a year ago. We used this one:
It worked immediately!

Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 10:09 PM - Response #8

Thanks for your reply, John. I was on the phone helping an admin walking her blind through it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.