ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Web Site Edit Not Taking

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/04/10 08:12 PM Views: 1572 Replies: 5
Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I make a web site edit, click "Save" and the changes I make do not save. I've been playing with this off and on since noon today with the same results.

Is there a problem with the site page editor?

Woody

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 9:15 PM - Response #1

Just a guess but you may have your browser set to never update pages. Try this:

1) Click Tools
2) Click Internet Options
3) Click the Settings button in the browser history area
4) Set your options there to "every time I visit the web page"

This is for Internet Explorer by the way which I suspect you're using. If you're using a different browser let me know.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM - Response #2

Actually, I had it set to "Automatically". Changing it and restarting IE had no effect. I am using IE-8.

I've tried restoring it to a previous version. The changes appear correct on the editing screen. I "save", but when I reload the home page the changes do not show up.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 9:35 PM - Response #3

Please see Jing video: http://screencast.com/t/S0go5N92L

There may possibly be some browser plugin or add on that you've added either intentionally or unintentionally that's for some reason not allowing the save to process. Have you increased your browser security settings or anything like that? If you try making any tweaks and get it working please let me know what you did.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 9:54 PM - Response #4

What I've found out is that the changes appear at the BOTTOM of the home page. This isn't the first time that's happened. In fact, it's happened several times before.

Here's a SWAG (Scientific Wild A**ed Guess) - I inserted an icon using Cut and Paste rather than going through the Upload. Also did a "Cut and Paste" for some text/icons which already existed on the page. Not sure either of these caused it, but it's the only thing I can think of that I did differently.

No add-on's added recently and a view of add-on's installed revealed nothing unusual.

A moment ago I "cut and pasted" the text which was found at the bottom of the page back to the top where I wanted it. See if "Bunco Nite" appears at the top when you load the page. If so, it worked correctly.

Woody

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 10:38 PM - Response #5

I see it there. Always save graphics to your computer and then upload them to your site. Not doing that can potentially cause 2 negative things:

1) Extra code you didn't expect can also paste into the page, potentially causing problems like the one you're describing.
2) A pasted image will magically disappear from your page the moment whoever controls that image chooses to delete it, rename it, or changes its location on the source site. The only way to be sure your image will stay put is to serve it up from your own web site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.