ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Cookies and Login Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/12/13 09:23 PM Views: 910 Replies: 1
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I sent the following to members of our reunion Committee:

If you have not looked at our website yet, http://www.classcreator.com/Asbury-Park-New-Jersey-1964/, and not activated your profile, I ask that you do so before our next meeting. If you are not computer literate and need help in logging onto the site and exploring what it has to offer, I can tutor you on how to sign up and login to the website.

The first response I got was: Paul, When I click on “join here” I do not get the class list as the instructions indicate. It just clicks back to your name and password.

They tried to activate their profile and no matter what the system always returned to the Login page.

Researching this I discovered that cookies must be turned on for CC to work properly. I am waiting to hear back from this individual if the cookie issue is the problem. Explaining this and tutoring my ten person Reunion Committee is easy but doing this for a substantial number of individuals when the site goes live is simply not possible.

How have you handled this issue and what have you told individuals prior to their attempting to activate their profiles and crease a user id and password?

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 10:45 AM - Response #1

You have Password Restricted all of the pages. In order for people to join you should not password restrict the homepage or the classmate profiles page. Go to the Edit Site Pages page to unlock these pages and that will resolve the issue.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.