ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Video On Individual Pofile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/17/13 04:28 PM Views: 772 Replies: 2
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I have searched but can not find an answer to my problem. I apologize if I am being redundant. I have taken a video with my I pad and have sent it to my Windows desktop. How do I upload the video to myh individual profile in the Video area? Surely, I don't have to go through YouTube. Can I upload it directly from my computer to my profile?

Thanks,

Lee Gilmore

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 5:02 PM - Response #1

Yes, the only way we support videos on the profiles is to have them be uploaded to youTube or other 3rd party systems such as vimeo. There is good reason to do this as well. First off, videos take up a ton of space and we are not charging for the space the is used by your classmate's profiles. Secondly, these other video services have built their systems to stream video and to share video across sites like ours and others. They have huge powerful streaming servers that will handle streaming the videos much better than ours would be able to. And finally, since YouTube offers the ability to set the video to be Unlisted, it is private and not displayed in any of their search results. It is the best for the majority of classmate members on the system.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at 5:28 PM - Response #2

Makes. Thanks for the quick response. Lee Gimore

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.