ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmate Cannot Log In

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/03/17 11:16 AM Views: 1997 Replies: 20
Friday, November 3, 2017 at 11:16 AM

From a classmate:
When I try to log in, it tells me that an Email is required, but there is no place for me to put an Email on the log-in page.

Friday, November 3, 2017 at 5:15 PM - Response #1

Please be sure that the user is clicking the Sign In button from the homepage and that will take them to the login screen where they can enter their email address.

Friday, November 3, 2017 at 6:58 PM - Response #2

You should be able to put your email in on the login page. I will be able to help you tomorrow morning from 8-11:00 CT or send me your updates and I can do it for you.

Peggy Stanfield Case
peggycase@remax.net
972-896-8206

Friday, November 3, 2017 at 11:20 PM - Response #3

Margaret Lackey wrote:

From a classmate:
When I try to log in, it tells me that an Email is required, but there is no place for me to put an Email on the log-in page.

If your member is seeing something similar to "Email is required", then they must have made it to the login screen. It's pretty obvious (at least to most of us) that page requires entry of an ID (which is their full email address) and a password. But... what I suspect is happening is that Class creator checks the format of the email address they entered.

If your classmate enters something - like their name - that's not in the name@somewhere.net format, they'll get an error message - "(1) A valid Email Address is required to log in. You might have accidentally typed yours wrong." That's not exactly telling them what the problem is ("Invalid email address format" would be better), although it does point them in the right direction.

The other problem with the current login page is when someone typos either the email address (right format, but invalid address) and/or typos their password. If both aren't a matching set, the system won't give them an error message or tell them that there was a problem with what they entered. It just re-sends the empty login page for them to try again. That works, of course, but... it's not intuitive - or helpful for new users.

While I'm discussing the login page, at the top it tells new users to "click here to find your profile on the list of classmates." Unlike the "Join" link below the login fields which will take them to the Missing page if the Class Profile page is locked, this link will simply refresh the login page - like trying to access any other restricted page. That link should either direct them to the Join link below, or function as the Join link does.

Edited 11/03/17 11:35 PM
Friday, November 3, 2017 at 11:30 PM - Response #4

I guess that was for Lackey.

Log in dialog says "email address" where one types it. Of course once one types that is erased. Maybe a bad day Wink

Monday, November 20, 2017 at 12:04 PM - Response #5

He was finally able to log in. Thank you.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM - Response #6

I'm replying to this topic because I'm unable to access the "Support" or "Contact" link. I have a survey posted for our school employees - I could access it (from my school computer) earlier but now I get Request Cancelled: Issue 101 [107.152.3.11] and am receiving emails from others that they are unable to access the website at all. Too many logins? Too many password attempts? What? Website is MyPCEA.com ???? Help!

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 3:33 PM - Response #7

Rhonda - I have un banned that IP address. It was banned due to too many unsuccessful login attempts.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 3:40 PM - Response #8

Thank you! That's what I thought . . . nobody knows their passwords! Ugh. Smile

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 3:44 PM - Response #9

Well, unfortunately, I still cannot access the web site - it won't load. Sad

Edited 12/13/17 3:46 PM
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 4:29 PM - Response #10

And this is the site you are trying to access? : http://www.mypcea.com/class_index.cfm

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 5:21 PM - Response #11

www.mypcea.com - I can access from home so perhaps the school district's network is also blocking access . . . ???? I could not get the main page to load most times, another time I was able to log in and then got the Request Cancelled message. District tech has been notified. As I said, I can access fine from home now so it must have something to do with our district's network.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 2:25 PM - Response #12

"so perhaps the school district's network is also blocking access" - ... very likely. My wife is also a teacher and her district clamps down on the internet there as well.

Friday, December 15, 2017 at 2:04 PM - Response #13

Ok, so we were good yesterday with access and now the same thing today . . . could you please check to see if CC has blocked our IP address? www.mypcea.com

I'll check with our district's IT dept. too.

Thank you!

Friday, December 15, 2017 at 2:46 PM - Response #14

I think you mean the USER's IP address. Your site IP is CC's. Or did you mean the School's?

The request cancelled message is always specific to an IP and done by CC - not your school. Sometimes it is erroneous. For example, if a 'banned' IP is recycled and you end up with it. That happened to me once. At your school, you could easily end up with a recycled IP address.

You could ask you IT dept for the IP range and have CC unban that range.

CC could actually make the message much clearer. They did for a short time when I ruffled some feathers explaining this. Got some crafted reply that it had to so with security, but they actually changed the message (back then) so a user knew what was happening.

Looks like it's back to the same old confusing message Rolling Eyes

One of our users got the captcha alert and could not figure it out. So emailed me - probably stopped them from being banned. So I'm assuming that users are just doing the captcha over and over and kept guessing and then got banned.

Rhonda McClellan wrote:

Ok, so we were good yesterday with access and now the same thing today . . . could you please check to see if CC has blocked our IP address? www.mypcea.com

I'll check with our district's IT dept. too.

Thank you!

Friday, December 15, 2017 at 3:44 PM - Response #15

The IT guy said our district has not banned anything. It's on the CC side. People are really frustrated as they are supposed to fill out a survey with a deadline date. I can sometimes access the main page, other times not. Sometimes another page(or link), other times not and get the same Cancelled message. I've asked our IT guy for the IP range and also sent out a mass email to stop trying different passwords and click on Forgot Password if they're not sure. But teachers don't listen. Haha! Very Happy

Friday, December 15, 2017 at 4:33 PM - Response #16

Scott . . . here are the two IP addresses our school uses. Could CC not put a ban on these please . . . ever . . . Very Happy

From our IT guy:
The 2 IPs that are used by our district are 107.152.3.11 and 107.152.3.12. That will open it up for our users.

Thank you!

Monday, December 18, 2017 at 8:53 AM - Response #17

At school this morning . . . still can NOT log in to the PCEA website (www.mypcea.com). HELP! Pleas "UNBAN" our IP Addresses permanently if possible - 107.152.3.11 and 107.152.3.12

Edited 12/18/17 9:58 AM
Monday, December 18, 2017 at 5:25 PM - Response #18

107.152.3.11 was showing as banned and is now cleared. The other was fine.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 6:03 AM - Response #19

I cannot login to my own website....marshallmavs67.com .... Request Cancelled: Issue 101 [162.204.38.98]. Don't know how I was able to logon here.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 7:56 AM - Response #20

162.204.38.98 was banned because of too many failed login attempts. It is now unbanned

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.