ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Guest Book

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/08/11 10:33 PM Views: 1556 Replies: 6
Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Well, the Saints lost, Boston is getting beat by Chicago, the Jets are ahead of the Colts, and I am working on my site. I have to say, I have made my homepage look better, I did what you told me about the white space, and it was still too much. I figured out that there were two places that need to be changed to 420, I only saw one at first. I just fixed that and added a guest book, I'm not happy with the photo I used so I want to delete that one and add another one. I thought I could do it on my own, but I was worried I would delete something I didn't want to delete. Can you delete it for me? Or tell me how to do it, so I can replace with another. I am getting better, slowly but surely.
Thanks!

Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 10:49 PM - Response #1

Cynthia,

Maybe you don't know, but part of your subscription is the Page Backup feature. If you delete something that you didn't mean to delete, you can just click on the page backup and restore it to what it was previously.

I don't see a picture or a guest book on your website, so I guess you already took care of them.

Kyle

Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 10:57 PM - Response #2

You are making great progress, Cynthia!

On your guest book, click on the link "Make Your Own" - it will take you back to the Slide.com and there are instructions on how to delete a page (it says to sign in to your account).

I might suggest that you enter this guest book as a new "Announcement" then you can set that announcement to be viewable only by registered users. It will also allow you to 'turn on' and 'turn off' (Make it active) at anytime and delete it if you want without worrying about stray code on the home page.

Being on the home page and not in a restricted announcement means that anyone could come along and enter their name and information on it. This might be a privacy issue for some who don't want the general public to know where they live now. Rolling EyesEmbarassedRolling Eyes

Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM - Response #3

Okay, Kyle that was not my intention, but that worked out. Thanks, and John, thanks for that tip. I like that better. I will go back to work now. lol

Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM - Response #4

You gave us all the football results, but didn't say which ones you were rooting for.Rolling Eyes "My" Cardinals have been out of all season.

BCS Championship game is Monday here in the Valley of the Sun. Best tickets are selling for $4-6,000 each. (Face value $350). Wish I had a pair Crying or Very sad (to sell Wink.)

Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 11:09 PM - Response #5

Kyle Erickson wrote:

...I don't see a picture or a guest book on your website, so I guess you already took care of them.

It's a SLIDE 3rd party - just below the youtube video.

Monday, January 10, 2011 at 12:05 AM - Response #6

Guest Book... I might like that!

I have decided to allow members from other classes to join our site for awhile. My goal is to start another site for our school in a couple months or when the Guest Pass option is available. You know, they all deserve a place to call home. Since I can not open my home to others, I can at least open our class site to other classes. Smile I'm just like that.

So John, can you point me to a good 3rd party Guest Book that will work well here? Please. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.