ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email bounceback notification

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/02/13 12:45 PM Views: 853 Replies: 6
Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Hi,
Does the "Select Selected Record" option in the email bounceback notification delete that record in the notification only, or does it delete or render inoperative the email address in the classmate's contact info?
Thanks,
Ian

Monday, February 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM - Response #1

All it does is hide that notification from your view. It's basically a way of saying "I'm done dealing with this bounce." Since the bounce message is your only source of information about why the address is bouncing, you should only delete a bounce notification when you have either replaced the bouncing email address with one that works or otherwise made it irrelevant.

Monday, April 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM - Response #2

My bounced email notification on the homepage has disappeared. I was deleting names as I was contacting them by other means. I don't know if I deleted the whole thing or what happened.
I need it back tough. Yahoo bounces everything and I nee to try to reach classmates about our upcoming reunion.
How do I get it back?
Thanks a bunch!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 9:14 AM - Response #3

Hi Karen,

When a bounceback is deleted we have no way to bring it back. All admins that you have assigned to see the bouncebacks can delete them. You have multiple admins on the site so its possible one of the others cleared them. You can edit who can see them under each of the admins Details page under

Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates and then choose the Details link for each Admin you have assigned.
The Email Bouncebacks is under the Admin Features (various features available throughout your site): header

That way in the future you are the only one who can see the or delete the bouncebacks.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM - Response #4

I'm not seeing the little bounce back box either. Does that mean it's been deleted or there are not bounce backs right now. We sent out a mass mailing this weekend and typically we have A LOT of bounced email. Mostly yahoo.com emails. I'm not seeing any or the box. That's why I thought maybe I/somebody had deleted the notification box. Is that even possible?

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM - Response #5

Only another admin with rights to see bounce backs could have deleted them. If you are not seeing the X number of bouncebacks notice when you login then their are no current bouncebacks for the site. It is possible that another admin deleted them if there were any. If you remove their right to see them in their Details page then only you would see them and have the ability to delete them.

Jessica

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM - Response #6

Thank you very much.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.