ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Create a Yearbook page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/25/09 10:42 AM Views: 1926 Replies: 6
Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Can we create a "Yearbook Page" and then how can we upload pages of our yearbook (which are jpg files) to this page of the web site so the yearbook is visible to classmates.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 1:33 PM - Response #1

One very cool way to create yearbooks is to use the Issu plugin. For more information about embedding plugins see:

1) FAQs link above
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #18

There we have information about embedding plugins on your site, as well as a link to Issu so you can get started.

If you simply want to upload your yearbook scans you can do that too. Here's an example at the Marshalltown High School Class of 1958 web site. To do this:

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Place a checkmark in the Active column next to any of your Customizable Links
3) Click the Edit button to enter Edit mode for the page
4) Be sure to rename the link at the top, so it says the name of your yearbook page instead of "Customizable Link."
5) Click the yellow image icon on your editor toolbar to upload your JPG scans. Follow the directions on screen to complete your upload.
6) Repeat for each additional yearbook page scan.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 8:27 PM - Response #2

Isn't there a way to upload all the scanned pages at once? I have 250 scanned pages from my yearbook.

Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 10:28 PM - Response #3

I'm not sure about Issu, but maybe somebody who uses Issu can chime in here. If you mean directly in our system, there is no yearbook feature per se here. At some point we could always make one, but with very nice systems like Issu already out there I'd recommend you simply use it and pop in your embed code.

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 7:14 AM - Response #4

I personally don't find Issuu very user friendly, especially when you have such a large yearbook (almost 300 pages). Someone suggested I break my pdf into 3 files of no more than 100 mb each file, but that is going to take me many more hours to do and I'm leaving for my reunion on Wednesday. I'm so bummed that I spent all day yesterday putting together the yearbook to get it uploaded onto the site, only to find out that it didn't work Sad

Betsy

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 4:15 PM - Response #5

Sorry Betsy. At some point we'll probably have a partnership with mixbook.com in place, but that's obviously not gunna help you currently. Unfortunately I'm out of town this week and have limited time, but I did just do a quick Google search for:

"create book out of pdf files"

and I see there are several options that come up. I'm not sure if any of them would meet your needs, but it does appear that there are several programs out there that will take your individual PDF scans and convert them into a comprehensive book.

Monday, August 3, 2009 at 4:23 PM - Response #6

Thanks Brad.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.