ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Help! I just %$#& up my Home Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/18/09 12:35 AM Views: 1302 Replies: 8
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Is there an "undo" button? Somehow I have really messed up my home page and I don't know how to get it back. I placed a slide.com at the top and while deleting some headings to remove the big blank space before the text begins, I deleted something I wasn't supposed to. Can someone help me and explain so that I'll understand, pleased!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 12:48 AM - Response #1

Hi Cheryl,

I un-%$#&ed your home page Smile

Your slide.com player was a little wide. I made that 375 in width to bring it in some.

You also had some code in there that you might have inadvertantly copied in from Word or another web page. The code said "nowrap" - this was causing all text below it not to wrap and to just extend out. I removed the "nowrap" tag and everything is fitting on the home page now.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 12:54 AM - Response #2

Oh, No! I was trying to fix it at the same time you must have been really fixing it. I won't touch it if you'll fix it again, please.

Please don't ban me! I'm sure you went to bed as most good girls do so I did log back in and removed the 2 "nowrap" you mentioned above. It worked.

Is there a quick way to get the home page back to the original state if I mess it up again? I know nothing about this html stuff and I know I'll goof up again. Thank you so much for such prompt assistance. I've never seen anything like it.

Edited 03/18/09 1:07 AM
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 1:18 AM - Response #3

Your slide.com was too wide for firefox to display so I edited the 4 height and width references in it to make it fit. It didn't need to be quite as small as I made it the first time so I just edited it down a little this time.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 12:00 PM - Response #4

I've added something to my home page that has blown it out. . . I can't figure out what it is. Brad can you please take a look at it and either let me know what to do or be the fixit fairy and help a girl out?! LOL Thank you!!!!

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 2:39 PM - Response #5

Hi Jeryl,

You have a Glitter graphic that says Smyrna Eagles that is about 100 pixels too wide. If I try to edit it in code it just cuts off the last 100 pixels so what you need to do is go back to the site you created that on and create a smaller graphic. If you keep it 400 pixels or under will fix it.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 10:55 AM - Response #6

OK my front page is out of whack. My announcements are overlapping on the right side. I have loaded a pic on there, but I have went back and made sure the pixels was the right size, which they are less than 250. What can I do to fix it?

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:24 AM - Response #7

It's not your image, it's your Playlist. The width of the Playlist was at the default width of 435, which is too wide to fit into the Announcement Board. I changed it to 390, which made it fit perfectly. To learn more about this:

1) Click FAQs aboe
2) Click Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #18. Pay particiular attention to the note at the end about the size of Playlists.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:33 AM - Response #8

Thank you again Brad, you are awesome!! I forgot about the playlist. I read that thread when I first loaded it so I went in there and played with the width when I first loaded it then went back and made changes and I guess I just forgot to change it back.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.