ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Deleted classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/21/09 12:31 PM Views: 1556 Replies: 5
Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Help, I was trying to help another classmate when I accidently deleted another one. How do I get the information back?

Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 1:47 PM - Response #1

If you ever viewed this classmate, you might be able to retrieve the information from the browser cache. I think it is possible to search the browser cache. But this wouldn't restore the classmate.

I don't know if there is a VERIFY DELETE option for Class Creator (I haven't deleted anyone recently), but if there is not, there should be a "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE "Classmate Name"? question before the deletion.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM - Response #2

Yes, there is a "Do you really want to Delete Classmate X" failsafe built in. Unfortunately if you click that too, the Classmate information is really gone, there is no built in backup for Classmate's individual Profile data and our onsite and offsite backups aren't practical for situations such as this, they're intended for full system restore in the event of total loss.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 6:21 PM - Response #3

Brad,
Are you telling me, I am going to have to have the classmate re-enter his information & photos?

Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM - Response #4

Thank you for responding to my question. I honestly don't know where my brain went this morning, but it certainly wasn't with me.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 7:10 PM - Response #5

Nancy Dirck wrote:

Brad,
Are you telling me, I am going to have to have the classmate re-enter his information & photos?

Yes I am.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.