ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to transfer my ownership of site?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/15/10 06:58 PM Views: 1456 Replies: 5
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I have a site but want to transfer it to someone else from our class committee. They are going to be main admin and start payment. I haven't been able to find any instruction on how to do this.

Also, I had auto-payments set up monthly, but the new site admin will start doing that. I would like to remove my credit card information from the Subscription page but there is currently only the option to change it. I'd rather that not hang around for whichever committee member next takes over, to avoid someone accidentally just hitting "auto renew" with my CC info.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 9:04 PM - Response #1

1) Click Manage Classmates then click the Enter/Edit Classmates button
2) Scroll down to the name of the Classmate you want to be the new Root Admin and click the Details link
3) Make this person an Administrator (play help video on page if you need an overview)
4) Now click your Preferences link
5) From the top of the page you can change the Root Administrator to this Classmate instead

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 5:05 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

1) Click Manage Classmates then click the Enter/Edit Classmates button
2) Scroll down to the name of the Classmate you want to be the new Root Admin and click the Details link
3) Make this person an Administrator (play help video on page if you need an overview)
4) Now click your Preferences link
5) From the top of the page you can change the Root Administrator to this Classmate instead

Will that process remove the original owner's credit card information, Brad?

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 5:16 PM - Response #3

No, so thank you for pointing that out. The new Root Administrator should click the Subscription link and update payment information.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM - Response #4

Hi Brad

Please help.
The Owner of our site, Stan Waisbrod passed away 2 weeks ago. He suffered from Alzheimers. However, he transferred the Root To me, Bruno Swanepoel at least 2 Years ago.

My questions is, How do I transfer ownership of the site to our Chairman, who will be liable for future payments etc, but I will remain the Administrator.

If needs be please e-mail me at brunosw@telkomsa.net

Thanks
Bruno

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 12:34 PM - Response #5

Hi Bruno,

First, add your chairman as a classmate if he already isn't added. Then go to Manage Classmates, DETAILS for the chairman. Click on the GRANT ADMIN RIGHTS, choose which rights you wish to give him (you could only give him the SUBSCRIPTION rights if you wanted to keep the Root Admin job). Save the changes.

If you really want to give up Root Admin rights, you can do this by choosing PREFERENCES and choosing a different admin to be the Root Admin from the drop-down list. Only the ROOT ADMIN can add other administrators.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.