ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PowerPoint to YouTube—a WorkAround

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/31/14 09:45 AM Views: 815 Replies: 1
Friday, January 31, 2014 at 9:45 AM

PowerPoint to YouTube—a WorkAround

1. Using the rectangle tool in PowerPoint, create a large rectangle completely covering the blank slide in PowerPoint; this will be your background and is the secret to your success. Fill it with white, or another color, and choose NO outline for the rectangle. You will build your slide on top of this background.

2. Create each slide in the usual manner with photos, text, etc. always keeping the background rectangle in the back.

3. Finish each slide in your show in the same manner.

4. Save the slide show.

5. Copy entire Slide 1, including background, and paste to a program where you can export the image as a .jpeg. Example: CorelDraw

6. Once in your new program, export Slide 1 as a .jpeg and it will upload to Picasa automatically.

7. Prepare each slide in your program in the same way: copy from PowerPoint, paste into your drawing program, and export as a .jpeg to Picasa.
Give each slide a similar name so they will be in the same Picasa folder. Example: Kyle-Slide 1; Kyle-Slide 2; Kyle-Slide 3; and so on.

8. Your slide images will not be as sharp as the slides in PowerPoint; but by editing in Picasa, you can enhance the pictures.

9. Prepare the movie in Picasa in the usual manner.

10. Upload the movie to YouTube in the usual manner.

11. When the upload is complete, you can add music if you wish.

12. To obtain necessary code for ClassCreator, click on “share” and then on “embed.”

13. Copy embed code, and paste it into ClassCreator in the usual manner.

14. Save everything.

I find the plain white background shows off the slides the best. Also, don't "bold" tye, use underline or italics if you can help it. This is especially true if writing web addresses.

You can view a couple examples at:

Edited 09/22/14 7:37 PM
Friday, January 31, 2014 at 1:23 PM - Response #1

I can't wait to try this... as soon as I finish a project! Smile

Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.