ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

HELP - Credit Card Payment

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/25/09 09:16 AM Views: 1351 Replies: 2
Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Hey Gang,

We just implemented the option of paying via credit card on our website. Per the instructions, we're passing along the 4.9% fee on to those classmates who chose to pay via credit card instead of mailing a check. We are charging $50 per ticket which per the site would mean that we needed to up our price to $52.58 (so that after the 4.9% fee, we receive $50) and I also checked the box stating that those who paid with check would get the 4.9% discount. So, I did a trial run and went through the system and bought 2 tickets with a check and it gave the 4.9% discount stating tickets were $50.00 a piece. However, the total it gave was $101.00. I can tell my classmates to ignore that and just send in $100 but it'd be nice if our accounting matched. Any suggestions on how to fix this if it can be fixed??

Mandy

Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 1:26 PM - Response #1

Actually the total it gave you was $100.01 not $101.00. In other words it's charging an extra penny. Because of the ".9" part of the 4.9, based on the quantity ordered (in this case 2) you can potentially get a total right between one penny. If that happens the system just rounds up to the nearest penny. Thus you are getting a 1 cent roundup in this particular scenario.

Edited 06/25/09 1:27 PM
Thursday, June 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM - Response #2

Opps - you were right - 100.01.

That make sense. Thanks for looking into it. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.