ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Multiple Schools...

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/17/09 10:37 PM Views: 1184 Replies: 2
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Hey Brad,
I am the originator of my website for Robert E. Lee High School, and have not only been working on the website, I'm also doing the majority of the research and planning for our upcoming 35th Reunion.

We are a city with 2 high schools, and we are a close class....We've always had our reunions together at some point during the weekend (usually Saturday)...
Now, we are hearing from the classmates from the 'other' high school, who are wanting someone to build their website, but not sure anyone is willing.

I have a classmate who has done the class list for our high school, and has generously offered to imput and upload the other high school's list as well.
So my question is this:
I know you can do multiple class years from the same school, but what about multiple schools? If I choose to, could I build the 2nd high school's site and it would be linked to us and vice-versa, or would they need to be their own separate sites - unlinked. I guess if I take this duel project on, it wouldn't have to be linked, but I'm just wondering if it could....
(Yikes, what am I thinking???!!!)Shocked

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 10:59 PM - Response #1

Hi Cindi,

You could have two sites with links to each other or if your classmates and their classmates would not mind being in one system you could add their classmates to your site. They would have to be added into your class list if you added them to your site (a multi-year site would separate by year but not by class name).

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 12:55 AM - Response #2

Yes, I thought about adding them to our site, but then it wouldn't be 'our site' anymore!
I think I'll just get them to "pay to play", and if no one wants to take it on, then it will be easier for me to do it, and less time involved!

Thanks Jessica...Ya'll are doing a great job! Keep it up!
Cindi

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.