ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Directory Option

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/08/08 11:11 AM Views: 1197 Replies: 1
Monday, December 8, 2008 at 11:11 AM

I would like to give our classmates the option of having their info included in a reunion directory when signing up. Actually, I would only like to give the ability yo opt out of being included.

Where/ how is the best way to do this without it showing up as a public question in the profile generator?

I was planning on doing this when they bought reunion tix, but decided that we should do it sooner to make sure we get everyone who creates a profile.

Thanks!!!

Monday, December 8, 2008 at 11:21 AM - Response #1

Very good question. And the answer is, you can't. As you've noted, you could do it with Profile Generator, but not if you want that information to be seen only by Site Administrators. We *could* add another switch to Profile Generator that would allow Admins to make a question private, but my problem there is things just start becoming too convaluded -- which is probably the last thing new Classmates need when they're just trying to get through the signup process. We'd have to explain that some answers are public, others are private, etc. when the Classmate isn't even familiar with how Profiles work yet.

So... I think this is best acoomplished with a Separate Survey, your Reunion Planner, or if you want immediate results, send an email to each new signup immediately and ask for this info. You'll also soon be able to customize the new signup email, and you could actually ask that question right in your outgoing default welcome email.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.