ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding an announcement

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/23/15 01:01 PM Views: 828 Replies: 6
Monday, November 23, 2015 at 1:01 PM

I've added several announcements to our home page in the past, but the one I'm trying to add now evidently won't fit between the sidebars? Any suggestions?

Monday, November 23, 2015 at 1:16 PM - Response #1

Some element is too wide. If I saw it could tell fairly fast which element.

Monday, November 23, 2015 at 4:06 PM - Response #2

Hi Linda,

Your Thanksgiving image was a little bit too wide. Many browsers will accommodate for this, however, older versions of Internet Explorer will not so I always keep a copy of that to test sites against. I made the image just a little bit smaller and everything should fit for you now.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 2:24 PM - Response #3

Thank you both! This forum is an awesome help!

Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 6:24 PM - Response #4

Hi Jack,
Would you happen to know an app for an Advent Calendar? I'd like to find one that changes on it's own, daily, preferably a Christian one. I've googled it and must not be phrasing it correctly because nothing useful turned up.
Barbara

Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 7:24 PM - Response #5

There are some but you have to build the data in your file vault plus they are incomplete.

The nicest one unfortunately only has 4 images so that leaves a lot to be found, otherwise I'd construct one that you could copy.

The closest one so far that requires no more work is this one. You can put it inside an iframe. Copy this code and insert in source mode on a NEW page - it's pretty big. If you want it smaller on an existing page, you could make the height 600 or so and the user scrolls.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 8:56 AM - Response #6

This forum is also discussing advent calendars
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....BD7-B96042B521391430

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.