ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Member problem

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/17/13 09:59 AM Views: 1040 Replies: 17
Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM

One of our Members are having a problem viewing our site. I told her to delete her cookies but that did not help. Here is thread.
>>>>>>
The format of the web site has changed since I was in it last. I am having problems when I go into it. When I click on Classmate Profile I only can see the years of the profile starting with 1969. The years prior have some symbols or whatever. Is something wrong with the web site? I had the same problem last night but thought maybe it was being worked on.

I deleted the cookies but still can’t view info to the left of the screen
>>>>>>>>>

Any idears?

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM - Response #1

I am not seeing the problem, but I am using Firefox. I don't know what browser she is using.

What I did see is that your top menu has some very long titles. I would shorten the titles if you can. When I looked, there are supposed to be 5 menus, but only 4 are showing with the "Do you remember?" link showing under the "Classmate Profiles" link. This is what I believe is causing the problems.

If possible, please don't change it just yet. I thought we had all of these problems fixed, so I am going to assign the programmer to look at your website.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM - Response #2

Kyle,

Like usual I only read half of your post before I made changes. I am using firefox and I could see all 5 at the top.
Before I change again let me know if you want me to change back. I promise to read your post before I act.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM - Response #3

it looks like you COULD change it back because you didn't change the length of the text, just the order.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM - Response #4

I put it back the way it was.
Let me know.
Thanks

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM - Response #5

If the site is zoomed out (Ctrl+Minus) the "In Memory" drops down to a second menu line in FF becoming invisible on the left.

FF, Safari and Chrome all do this, although Safari is 1 level different. IE10 doesn't care.

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM - Response #6

That is so strange! In Firefox just that 1 zoom level does this. How annoying!

Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM - Response #7

It's a difference in how they count pixel boundaries. It's always been there in one form or another - even in the old formats.

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 1:23 PM - Response #8

Here is latest from Member. I have no idea of what to tell her. I will wait your advise.
Thanks

>>>>>>

The only way I can see info all the way to the left side of the screen is by highlighting it. There is about a 1.5” column of blue on the left. I can faintly see some images like a rose or flag but not for instance names of people in a particular class. I have to highlight all classes before 1969 because those classes are hidden under the blue column. Then when I go into one of those classes I have to highlight the individual name. If I could just get rid of the blue column I would be able to see the rest of the data on the screen to the left.
>>>>>>

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM - Response #9

Ray, I changed Dues and Donations to Dues & Donations. That seemed to be just enough to keep the In Memory link from wrapping to the next line, which is what was causing the blowout. Your classmate should be able to refresh and see the page fine now. If not, it is possible that they have their browser front size set to a larger format. If this is the case, they will need to make the font slightly smaller until the format does not wrap. We are still working on a solution for this for this template.

Monday, February 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM - Response #10

Here is response.
>>>>>>

Sorry. It’s still the same.

>>>>>>>

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM - Response #11

We will we working on the code for that top navigation to prevent wrapping, however, the only thing your classmate can do right now is change their browser font size settings to a smaller size. For example, I was able to recreate what your classmate is seeing by going into my Firefrox and changing the browser font size from 17 to 22. I have documented this further for the programmers.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM - Response #12

OK. I think she has it now.
Thanks!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM - Response #13

Ray,

Just checking up on some old forum posts. From your comment, it sounds like this one is fixed. If not fixed, please respond. If fixed, no need to respond.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM - Response #14

I am not sure how this got resolved. I think she ended up using another computer.

No worries.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM - Response #15

test

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM - Response #16

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM - Response #17

3,4 Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.