ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Members can't sign in

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/26/09 11:26 PM Views: 1482 Replies: 5
Monday, January 26, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Two people told me they tried to sign on today and couldn't do so. Help! One just joined yesterday and the second one joined a while ago but hasn't been on in a long time. She apparently tried before today and could not get on. She has given me another email address so I will change it and see if that works. I told them both to disable their cookies. Anything else I should do?
Thanks,
Retha

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 12:23 AM - Response #1

Cookies can sometimes play a role in somebody not staying logged in. But they'll never play a role in somebody not being able to sign in intially.

If somebody can't sign in, they are typing in the wrong email address and/or password. You can look up the email address for the user and confirm they're typing it in correctly. That'll sole that one.

If the email address checks out, then they are typing in the wrong password. In that case just have them click the "Forgot Password" link on your login box, and your site will email them their password. Or you can also handle resetting the password for the user. See our FAQs link above for more information, and then click on Questions About Passwords.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM - Response #2

Thank you so much for the info. People sure don't like hearing it's THEM, do they? They always want to blame the website. Smile Guess I just have to be brave and tell them the awful, sad, truth. :-/
Retha

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 1:03 AM - Response #3

Yep! They'll swear up and down they're entering the right login information. But, if our system EVER gives them the "sorry" message, that means they're typing in the login or the password incorrectly. 100% of the time. "Sorry" means user error, period.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 6:52 AM - Response #4

I have a user that has a new email address to something other than what they used to set up their initial profile. I know I can change the password in their account in "Manage Classmates".

Can I reset both the email and password to the new information and then they use this to log in?

Thanks. Pat M.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 10:35 AM - Response #5

Yes, on the Classmate's details screen you can see and reset both. You can't actually see the password because it's starred out, but you can type in whatever you want there to reset it to something new.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.