ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

placement of playlist

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/05/12 02:40 PM Views: 1446 Replies: 13
Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I added a playlist from playlist.com and made it smaller, but it still appears right in the middle of my content page. Is there a way to move it to the left or bottom of the page?

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM - Response #1

LaVerne,

It looks fine to me. (I edited it for you.) Usually PlayList.com inserts an HTML DIV tag code before and after the playlist. If I change those codes to a CENTER tag, it usually fixes the problem.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM - Response #2

Thanks again. Looks much better. I kept playing with the size, but couldn't figure out how to move it over (don't know html) Is there a way to get the welcome content at the top then the announcement and the rest of the content below that? I only found one place to add the content and then the announcement was at the bottom of everything. Now that I added the photo to the announcement it pushes the welcome down even further. I am going to try resizing the photo some, but would still like to be able to put all the other widgets and content below announcements I think.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 6:13 PM - Response #3

If you want the music player at the bottom, you would need to move it to an announcement. You can have the announcements at the top of the page or the bottom of the page.

To move the content to the top of the page, you go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page. Then use the RED and GREEN arrows to move "Your Content" to be above "Announcements"

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 6:45 PM - Response #4

Ok, so I added a new announcement to put my countdown on and was going to add another for the playlist and move them to the bottom and the content to the top, but at first I saw the new announcement, but not the first one. I clicked to make all active and then it put the countdown in with the first announcement rather than creating a separate announcment. Also, can I set a different background for the additional announcements? I don't want them to have the colored background, but I did want it on the reunion announcement. I guess I will get the hang of this eventually. I have done other family websites before, and I know it takes a little while to get used to the format. This one seems a little more complicated to me than the others I have, but maybe it is just because I am used to those now.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM - Response #5

So, can I put one announcement at the top and one at the bottom, or are all of them grouped together? How can I control the position of things on the home page and be able to move them around?

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM - Response #6

Sorry, all announcements are grouped together either at the top or at the bottom of your page. You can have different announcements for Logged In VS. non-logged in classmates, so you could put your "HOW TO JOIN" messages in a "non-logged in" announcement and so those who have joined don't need to see that kind of announcement.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM - Response #7

So I only have two places to put things on the home page...either in the announcements or content and they are all lumped together and have to have the same background. Is that correct? Wow. I wish we had a few more options. I like to add some color with the backgrounds etc...but if they all have to be the same, that won't work. Is there something else I am missing?

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 7:11 PM - Response #8

If you don't use announcement background colors, you can put your announcements inside of tables. Then set a table background color. That way you can have different colors in each table.

Sunday, February 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM - Response #9

Thanks I will try that.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:41 PM - Response #10

I am also having difficulty with left aligning my playlist. I looked at the code but don't see where I should make the change to left align it.

Please help!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM - Response #11

Playlist code usually is surrounded by the DIV tag. When I deleted that tag, the problem went away. You can look at your page backups to see what I did, but I just deleted the start tag for DIV and the ending tag for DIV that surrounded your playlist code. Problem solved.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM - Response #12

Thanks for your help!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM - Response #13

You're welcome.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.