ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Add "Notify Classmates" checkbox, capability to page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/05/16 12:45 PM Views: 902 Replies: 1
Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Can anyone tell me how to add code, capability, for including the checkbox and "Notify xx Classmates that this page has been updated" on a Classmates webpage that doesn't have it? I included a "What's New" page on our site where most comments seem to be made, but there isn't any message to classmates that someone has posted.

Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 3:10 PM - Response #1

Phoebe,

The way this is done is through the NOTIFY ME page. Any classmates you are interested in, you would SUBSCRIBE in the "Profile Subscriptions" section. Then when that classmate updates their profile or comments on another profile, you will be notified. That way, you are only notified when someone that you are interested in posts.

The "What's New" page is not a static page - it is updated on the fly by keeping track of whatever anyone is saying or doing on the website. There is not a way to send an email to everyone that the page is updated because the page updates automatically as you scroll down the page.

Classmates don't have to post on the What's New page. If they post on a classmate's profile, it will automatically show up on the What's New page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.