ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Credit Card purchases

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/28/10 12:22 PM Views: 1934 Replies: 9
Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM

My reunion committee is very hesitant about using the credit card method for payment. I want to make sure there are no hidden fees before I set up that method of payment through the website. I've looked through everything I can find and it appears that the only charge for using a credit card is the 4.9% per transaction fee. Is this correct? Is there any charge for checks when they are written to the reunion committee? Also, is there a charge if someone uses their paypal acct to pay for the reunion tickets?

So far...we are loving Class Creator!
Many thanks,
Susan

Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 12:32 PM - Response #1

Hi Susan,

There are no other fees associated with credit card purchases and there are no fees charged by our system when a classmate pays by check or uses Paypal. You will need to manually record any payments you receive via check or Paypal in order for the Reunion Planner reports to properly reflect total payments received. All credit card payments will automatically flow through into the internal reporting system.

Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM - Response #2

thanks Jessica.

Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 1:55 PM - Response #3

One other thing...I want to be sure about, when you write a check (that is Class Creator writes a check to us, the reunion committee)...is there a charge?

Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM - Response #4

The only charge that Class Creator has is the 4.9% charge for the Credit Card processing fee.

After we have collected the money, there are two ways to get the money (minus the 4.9% processing fee) back to you.
1. you can elect to have a check mailed to you (this is a free service).
2. You can elect to have the money direct deposited into your account (Also a free service - for the first two per month). For this to happen, you need to fill out the Direct Deposit form on the Reunion Planner.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 2:16 PM - Response #5

Kyle Erickson wrote:

The only charge that Class Creator has is the 4.9% charge for the Credit Card processing fee.

After we have collected the money, there are two ways to get the money (minus the 4.9% processing fee) back to you.
1. you can elect to have a check mailed to you (this is a free service).
2. You can elect to have the money direct deposited into your account (Also a free service - for the first two per month). For this to happen, you need to fill out the Direct Deposit form on the Reunion Planner.

Kyle, Regarding Option 1 above, are the checks mailed automatically from CC, or do we need to request the checks?

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 2:28 PM - Response #6

If you choose the CHECKS option, there will be a button on the Show Attendees page of the Reunion Planner. The button will say "Request Check". When you click the button, then the check will be sent to you.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 2:53 PM - Response #7

A tip on using the credit card processing. We added the 4.9% fee to our ticket price. So...if you want to receive $75 a ticket then charge $80, etc. etc. We charge the same for check or credit card. We used the formula that was on the reunion planner web page how to's. I don't know about PayPal..but why use it? since CC has such a great secured credit system. Very Happy We are generating more money from the credit cards sales than by check. And we get a $5 bonus by not discounting the check payments. I am sure you would have to pay some sort of % to PayPal. We opted not to open a PayPal account..and they do have a limit on how much you can withdraw a month. We also use the electronic pay system.
CC ROCKS!!!
If you have any questions..you can email me personally.
I hope this helps.

Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 7:46 PM - Response #8

We have collected money from credit cards through the CC site, but the "Request Check" button is not on the page you mention. Can you tell me where else to look so we can receive our check?

Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM - Response #9

Upon submitting this page, Class Creator will initiate two small deposits of not more than $0.25 each into your account. THIS PROCESS CAN TAKE UP TO 5 FULL BUSINESS DAYS from the date of submission (small banks and credit unions can take up to 7 business days). Once you have received those deposits, come back to this page and type the amount of the deposits (these fields will display the next time you return to this page).

On your reunion planner page, at the bottom, is the place that looks like a check. You need to verify your account before the "Withdraw Funds" button appears. Look in your bank account for the two small deposits that should have been deposited. After you have found those amounts, submit the form with those two amounts. Then you will be able to "Withdraw Funds".

How long ago did you complete the process to set up your bank account? Has it been longer than 5 business (non-weekend) days?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.