ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Back up of Web Site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/02/09 09:22 AM Views: 1373 Replies: 3
Friday, October 2, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Dear Brad, Kyle and Gang: After having been a member of CC for a year and a half, we finally bit the bullet and paid for a subscription. One of the main reasons for doing this was to make sure our web site is being backed up. (I lost a page that had hours and hours of work in it, page disappeared - had to rebuild - still am in the process on this particular page), Anyhow, I have checked the individual pages of the website, and as far as I can tell, only 4 pages have the drop-down box listing the different backups. Are these the only pages that are being backed up? Oh, please tell me that the entire site is being backed up. I do not want once again to experience that sick feeling when a page disappears and only a little red x appears. Please advise as to what all is being backed up. Thanks a bunch.

Pam

Edited 10/02/09 9:22 AM
Friday, October 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM - Response #1

Hi Pam,

The Page Backup feature is implemented after you save a page for the first time. It is also implemented for those pages that have a page content. So for those pages without content, there is no "Page Backup" feature.

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 11:41 AM - Response #2

Kyle is correct, Class Creator is a database driven system, and as such there are pages on your site that are solely database pages, and there are also pages that you write yourself with your editor.

For all editor pages, the page backup box will appear immediately after saving your page for the first time. First time in this case means the first time since the new backup feature was implemented. Thus if you are not seeing the page backup feature under your editor window, just go in and save the page once and your first backup will automatically be created, and the page backup box will be present for now on.

Note, the entire Class Creator system is backed up nightly on site, and also backed up ever 2 hours off site. Thus if we ever need to restore the entire system we have 2 different backups we could use for doing that.

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM - Response #3

Whew! Thanks for setting my mind at ease. I appreciate all you do and have done. Our class greatly enjoys the website. Thanks again.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.