ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Using Different Playlist for Other Pages

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/27/10 03:04 PM Views: 1300 Replies: 4
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Spent yesterday studying FAQs and learning to install a 3rd party plugin, i.e., Playlist.com player and Playlist of "our songs of the '50s". Love it!

My question now is, can different playlists be used on different pages? Is it necessary to install a separate plug in player on each page and will that cause a conflict? I don't remember seeing that answer yesterday or maybe I just missed it.

My goal is to play a common playlist on most pages but to have a special playlist of military tunes on a Military Honor Roll page and another playlist of hymns on the In Memory page.

Any help appreciated!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 3:57 PM - Response #1

Yes, you can add different playlists to different pages. You will need to create individual playlists at playlist.com and copy easy set of unique code for the playlists. Do not place more that one on any given page. Also, it you want to set the player to invisible (so Admins do) you need to set all height and width attributes (about 6 or 8 of them) in the code to "1". If set to 0, it will not play is some browsers.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 5:16 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Scott!

I'm always impressed at how quickly y'all respond to inquiries. CC is an outstanding site and outstanding help for those of us who are from the pre-computer generation. And, for that matter even learned to type on manual typewriters before there was an electric typewriter. Smile

Edited 07/27/10 5:17 PM
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM - Response #3

Bill, enjoyed visiting your site . . . especially liked your Military Honor Page which I would like to add to our site.

I, also, remember those manual typewriters . . . glad that we've progressed to computers!!!

Louise

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Louise!

I'm going to hijack my own thread here. Once upon a time, before moving back to Louisiana, we lived in Heaven, spelled T-E-X-A S. Smile Knew a Southern Baptist pastor there who had served churches in DeSoto, TX and Greenville, TX. His name was Doyle Sumrall, does that ring any bells for you? He was a "good 'un"!

Bill

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.