ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Domain Name Purchase

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/09/10 04:05 PM Views: 1581 Replies: 3
Saturday, January 9, 2010 at 4:05 PM

HI.

I'm making a webpage for another school in my area.
They want a 10 year subscription to class creator. Can I also purchase a domain name for 10 years, or is the 5 year option the max? If I can purchase a 10 year domain name...how do I "do it" through the website? Having both the same is just less to keep track of.

Thanks...Larry

Edited 01/09/10 4:10 PM
Saturday, January 9, 2010 at 4:52 PM - Response #1

Classnames.net is our registrar, where you can go to set up the domain name for up to 10 years. It's a little hard to explain, but ClassNames.net is part of a larger domain system called Enom.com. We didn't set that up, so you're not going to find the same type of usability at ClassNames.net as you find at ClassCreator.com. Nonetheless, if you purchase your domain name at Classnames.net, all you need to do next is log into your Class Creator web site, click the Domain Name link on the left, type in the domain name you just purchased, and then click the Active Domain Name button. That's all there is to it. The 2 systems are designed to work together, and when you click the Activate Domain Name button the domain name will immediately become active and there's nothing else you need to do. Make sure you don't change any settings at ClassNames.net, all you need to do there is buy the domain name. When you click the Active Domain Name button from your class web site all of the settings, IP routing info, etc. are all immediately configured for you. Give it a whirl, and let me know if you have any questions.

Edited 01/09/10 4:55 PM
Sunday, January 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM - Response #2

Are Classnames.net and ClassNames.net the same?

I went to Classnames.net and all I saw was a 5 year ($85) option on their homepage, highlited in Red color. If I go deeper in the site...will I find the 10 year option, and perhaps a 10 year price discount? Sorry to be a PIA. Larry

Sunday, January 10, 2010 at 4:00 PM - Response #3

Yes, and yes.
We are Classnames.net only.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.